2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A Wild Kiwi fern
3,772 Posts
here's my amateur thoughts...

#1 i'd pass on this one because of the 'grass sticking out of the head' scenario.

#2 think i'd prefer to see both birds in focus (the background is slightly distracting)

#3 missing toenails, i'd give it a pass

#4 love this! got the whole bird, PLUS shadow; interesting action; good definition etc.

#5 beak is a bit close to the top edge of the photo - pass

#6 love this! (unsure if the back of the head will get you a win).

good luck with whatever you choose!

rosesm

·
1,188 Posts
Well, I was showing my wife these pictures and she likes #1 because of the colors but would like to see the whole bird. #3 but but the toenail thing and #4 because she says it is "way cool". By the way #4 would be my choice

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input

Cursed be the day I got into this photo stuff... It has been fun don't get me wrong, but the smallest details will render a photo relatively worthless! I am in awe of those who make a living doing outdoor nature photography. I would be homeless living under a bridge!

I have seen all those little details but was hoping others would not see them. I appreciate the honesty and input!

hOOter

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
I got to go with #4 also, but I think it could use a little tweaking on the brigthness and contrast. Very little on the bright and a very good shot of contrast to bring the colors out. Be careful not to blow out the white if you decide to take my suggestion.

·
Registered
766 Posts
#4 Great shots all around- as far as the guys that make theyre living in nature Mags -- I've picked up some Nat Geo's lately and find myself picking out little errors and missed frames. I think maybe that there are so many people with DSLR's now that the standards have gone up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts