2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just call me JJ
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled it all apart and cleaned it, put it back together and now the anti-reverse won't engage unless I push the handle in really hard and turn it. I know I probably put something in backwards, but have taken it apart and put it back together a bunch of times and always the same result.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
the 5500 c3 should have the anti reverse bearings not the dog stop. Did you take the bearings out where the handle comes through the side plate?

·
Just call me JJ
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe so, but it's been a couple weeks so memory is vague. I remember pretty much taking apart every little piece I could and giving it a good cleaning because I've had this reel for about 12 years and can honestly say I don't think it's ever been cleaned. The only thing I've ever done to it was replace that worm gear that always wears out. I was gonna do my 6500 also but after I broke the 5500 I figured I'd better wait. :p

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,642 Posts
The anti-reverse dog under the main gear just needs the fins to be squeezed together a little more. They "pinch" the anti-reverse gear, moving backwards and locking when you turn the handle backwards.

Hopefully that will get you going again.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts