2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beno

Taking some guesses just for the fun of it. Upper Left looks like a very old Bayou Boogie. Upper Right I think it's called a Mud bug. Lower left Lazy Ike or Beno. Lower Right....I got nothing.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,908 Posts
More guesses: UL = Heddon Chuggar(vintage) , UR = Mud bug, LL = Lazy Ike, LR = Lucky 13.

I still have some of those old wooden lazy ike's from my grandfather and they still work.

·
Unorthodox Millenial
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. They sure are weathered, haha. I wonder how many fish he caught off of them.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have to go with Byeme......on LL. Look at all the old guys popping out of the woodwork!! LOL

Later
R3F

Reactions: JFolm

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
X2 for Meadowlark.
Don't call those lures OLD I still have a few that I bought after getting out of high school.
That was only ...hummm.....last century.
Those were made back when men were men and the bass had not developed a taste for that silly soft plastic stuff. AHhhh the good old days.

·
INFIDEL to Some, but Loves my Saviour
10,227 Posts
Hey careful now... I caught my first LMB @ 6 yr. old, on a Lazy Ike! Yellow with red spots... Killer lure!

·
Unorthodox Millenial
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha! This one has what looks like braid tied to it I thought that was odd. You can see the crack in the lure as well.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Of course, I MEANT lower right! I think Luckty 13 s were a little "fatter" than that one! An ole Lazy Ike is hard to mistake. Made myself look like the old fool that I am!! LOL That is part of the fun of getting old, you have achieved the ability to laugh at yourself!!

Later
R3F

·
Pike
4,489 Posts
Hey careful now... I caught my first LMB @ 6 yr. old, on a Lazy Ike! Yellow with red spots... Killer lure!
Amen! We used the "yellow with red spots" to catch walleye in Minnesota too. I think it was Lazy Ike's best color by far. Especially if you were fishing stained or cloudy water.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've messing around with these Shadow Boxes, and my old lures trying to make something that looks descent. Last week I come accross these old maps and had a brain storm. I bought them all for $2.

Glad you like them old wooden Heddon's they are from the 40's and 50's

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Braid??

Ha! This one has what looks like braid tied to it I thought that was odd. You can see the crack in the lure as well.
Some of these plugs were fished before monofilament came along.

First; cotton, then linen, then nylon, then mono, then back to braid. I've used all of them.

If I put all of my freshwater plugs into a shadow box, I'd need a large map of Texas for a background. Saltwater; same thing!

Thanks for the pictures of the 'old' plugs. You guys have been looking into my tackle boxes; haven't you? :rolleyes: C2

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've got one old map(60's or 70's) that's about 2' x 4', has the whole Gulf coast from Florida to Brownsville. Thinking of maybe just framing it, but don't know where I'd put it?

·
Unorthodox Millenial
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some of these plugs were fished before monofilament came along.

First; cotton, then linen, then nylon, then mono, then back to braid. I've used all of them.

If I put all of my freshwater plugs into a shadow box, I'd need a large map of Texas for a background. Saltwater; same thing!

Thanks for the pictures of the 'old' plugs. You guys have been looking into my tackle boxes; haven't you? :rolleyes: C2
It was probably nylon then!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts