2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feral cats remind me of Custer's last stand - they just keep coming. My wife felt sorry for a pregnant stray and began feeding it and ever since, it's been Katy bar the door. Apparently there is a neighborhood billboard where they post addresses for free food. We've had a bunch fixed, adopted a bunch out, fostered a bunch and adopted 4 ourselves. We managed to neuter all the females but recently two more showed up and blessed us with two litters and now one is pregnant again. We are trying to trap them and have them fixed ( we took one yesterday and are taking at least two more tomorrow) but once they come back we have no choice but to turn them loose again. They need to be handled to make them suitable for adoption but we can't do it because it creates a problem with the four we currently have in the house - they don't like strangers. If anyone would like a kitten (or more preferably) we have plenty available or if anyone could take the time to play with one or more while looking for a permanent home it would be greatly appreciated. Our only other choice is to take them to the SPCA or something and we hate to do that because they will definitely be killed since they aren't very friendly. We've tried the feral cat rescue groups but they all want us to foster them until they are ready for adoption and we just can't do that. If anyone is interested please PM me and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks - take care.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts