2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch to a different plan, but Cingular Wireless says I need a GSM phone. My contract isn't over until 2/2005 and I can't get a discount on a phone until then. The customer service lady said I could buy a phone out right, but the cheapest is around $300. I found a Cingular phone on Ebay for less than 1/2 that price....can I buy it and bring it in? Will it work? Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

·
Old yellow member
2,274 Posts
You can't sign another one year contract?

I upgraded my Verizon and only had to start my contract over for a year to get both a new phone and better service.

On another note, I woul stay away from that GSM for now, it does not have the coverage your Digital has. A friend of mine switched to it and has problems while on the road, he use to have much better signal then mine but now I do.

FN

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
You can only use the phone if it is a cingular phone unless it has been unlocked. If the phone has been unlocked you can use any GSM phone that uses 800 and 1900 meghz I think that is right. I have GSM and have almost the same coverage as I had with Dig. Better in a lot of areas. Sprint and Verizon use a different Freq. So those phones can't be used. This is what I have been told.

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts