2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to 2coolfishing

I have a 1985 mariner 115 and is has a bogging problem on take off.
it will start right up and idle, but when i try to take off it bogs out and it feels like it want to go but it jerks. i also had the carb rebuilt but that wasnt the problem.
any info would help alot. plz hep :)

·
Undocumented Users-pm+
660 Posts
My '89 175 sarted doing almost the same thing, it ended up being the stator, replaced it and runs like a champ again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I may have just bought the boat and motor he was talking about. I will know Wednesday when I give it it's first test run. I hope this is a different 1985 mariner 115. Boy there are just so many out there. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 90 yamaha and it was just a clogged up fuel filter. I just took out the filter and cleaned it with a toothbrush and fresh gas, has worked like a champ ever since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
He did end up being the guy I bought my boat from. He said it was in good running condition when I bought it, but it was not. I used it a couple of times and it starting running a little better, but not right. I took it to Mike's Marine in Pasadena (Who I would highly recomend to anyone) and the problem did end up being the stator. That 16ft old boat runs amazing now. So I guess I was lucky to not have to dump much money to fix this boat, since it was dumped on me with problems. But if you need repairs, take your boat to Mike. He is honest, and has a very good reputation for his work. I'm very fortunate he was referred to me.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Glad to hear it was fairly minor. I met Mike 20+ yrs ago when we worked at the same marine dealership, he does all my motor work. I've never been dissappointed, you won't find a better more honest mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts