2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my daughter bought me one of the entry level trail cams. I never could get it work with any consistency. Most of my pics had nothing in them and often this camera would run off the whole roll of film the first night. I tried several different methods and camera angles but was never really satisfied!

Anyway, I'm once again looking at cameras. I'm kinda leaning towards one of the digitals but not committed yet (after all the empty trips to the one hour photo last year! :headknock ).

Which camera would you recomend? :question:

Thanks ahead, Fletch

·
Registered
298 Posts
go with the trophy view. You can find them in TTHA mag. No flashes. Uses vhs video so no developing and you have great video of whatever. A little pricey but well worth it.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Cam

I've had good luck with the Moultree Game-CamII. Very simple, affordable, about 130$, and takes very good pics, day or night.

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trail cams

Thanks all. I've been looking at the pixcontrollers and surfing jessys hunting page's (those guy's are WAY out there, advanced I mean). I've just about worked up the courage to go for it. I'll let you know how it comes out. dbar6488, those video cams are really cool, a little too pricey for a workin man though! Thanks again, Pat :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah they do cost a bunch but I like what I get for my investment. I have been using them for four seasons now and have never had a problem with them. The thing that I like and make a requirement for me is there is no flash. I have heard way too many horror stories of one time sightings of big bucks at feedeers or whatever and when that flash goes off you have a nocturnal monster that clears the area.

·
Do it. Do it now!
885 Posts
Trophy View

We have a couple but seem to always have some kind of trouble with them. Plus they are big and bulky. I heard they went out of business. Are they still around.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't think that they went out of business. I bought one not too terribly long ago from them...don't know the exact date but I rmember doing it so it could not have been to dang long ago. I use them daily and have never had any trouble with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts