2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting married in March next year. I need a good spot to go on my honeymoon to fish. I need any destinations, charters, resorts, etc... that you have had good experiences with. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
www.hotelvillacaletas.com

this is one of the most romantic places you will find. private bungalow type rooms/suites. You can get a hot tub suite also, which is what I did the last two times there. All the rooms have a view and you can get busy on the balcony or in the hot tub as no one can see you cause they are all private. Best place to see a sunset also. The place to get a charter from here would be out of los suenos.

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
Abaco's

I hate giving away my favorite place on earth to many folks, but, I would suggest the Abacos in the Bahamas. Awesome place with great fishing, snorkeling, diving, old world charm, etc. What it doesn't have is big mega resorts. Just private homes on the outer cays, some hotels/motels in Marsh Harbour. We honeymooned there mid June and the fishing was great. The best part is that a few hundred feet from the reef and you're in 2000 feet of water, so 3-4 hours of fishing is all you need a day. Try this site for more info www.coconuttelegraph.net Here are some of my pics http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=71340&highlight=abacos

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
We are going to Costa Rica in two weeks for a ten day trip. We are going fishing out of QUEPOS. I wil bring you some literature if you would like.We are staying at a big private home there in San Isidro, with hot tubs in both master suites and olympic size pool. It would be an excellent place for a super honey moon. If you would like the websites, call me and i will be sure to bring you info.And mail it to you when we get back on the 30th www.casaverdecostarica.com Thats the site for the house. US girls like stuff like this, especially fishergirls. Your bride will have a great honeymoon.That means you will too. What a way to start your new life.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Don't Do It

My best advice to you is DON'T get Married that way you can go fishing in the future. With out coming home to find all your sh-t on your front lawn.Besides you can't trust half of them these days BELIEVE ME I spent time with one during the day when her husband was working. And she swears she LOVES him..
nofishinfool said:
I'm getting married in March next year. I need a good spot to go on my honeymoon to fish. I need any destinations, charters, resorts, etc... that you have had good experiences with. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If You have the time, some bucks, & willingness to really get away from it all, I suggest FIJI. Incredibly clear water, fantastic people, & private. just pick an island & "hangloose". Just out past the outer reefs, it drops off thousands of feet. Excellent fishing, & diving. It's true paradise. I've been flying for 22 years, & people always ask me where's my favorite place, & I always say Fiji. I haven't been back in quite a few years, but when I get married,(which may never happen, although I'm still crossing my fingers), I'm taking her there. Turtle Island is one heck of a spot, but there are many other islands, from which to choose. On the islands, they were only allowed to build hotels, to the tops of the palm tree's. No highrise megaresorts there. They also have killer surfing. While diving there, I had a sea snake follow me around. Pretty cool place! Your new bride will want you to set up a charter business there, & we'll never here from you again on 2cool. Just my 3 cents!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Kona, HI. Best Pacific Blue Marlin fishery hands down, not a lot of tourists, and very tropical setting. It is basically an old fishing villiage whose economy depends on coffee and, well....fishing! There is a ton of things to do on the islands, like Hawaii Volcanoes Nat'l Park, Saddle Road, Captain Cook Marine Sanctuary for Snorkeling/Scuba, Rainforest's, etc! Check out Grander's Row, a historical representation of all 1000+ lbs marlin taken off Kona......amazing!

·
Banned
12 Posts
I warned you.

A person I knew found out his wife was cheating on him thirteen out of the twenty five years thay were Married. With serveral differant Men "Brutal" He desided to suck up and keep her "FOOL" Thay all do it or you will..Don't meen to be negative but it the TRUTH................ :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts