2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We put in new tile floor in our kitchen, livingroom and bathroom. It looks great. We had a small water leak in the wall in the bathroom. The floor under the livingroom got wet underneath. Now we have this bloom of "salt" coming up through the grout. We have tried scrubbing it, putting tilex on, we have even put muriatic acid on it. It goes away for a few hours and then it is back. Anyone have any suggestions or know how to get rid of this?
Thanks
Aquaholic

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Do a google search on "efflorescence removal on grout". If it keeps coming back, then for some reason there is still moisture under the floor and it continues to travel through the path of least resistance, ie. the grout, bringing the salts with it. If thats the case you may want to try cleaning it then sealing the grout right away? If not then I could not tell ya, other than ripping out the tile and drying the subfloor area. Sorry.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,894 Posts
maybe you might want to try Grout Restore
you wash the floor just like with acid
I havent used it but have heard from others that its a very good product

·
Registered
227 Posts
Go to dirtygrout.com. This is where the professional cleaners talk about the problems they have run into and how to correct them. You may have to register to ask questions, but if you will go thru the archives you will find your answer there. Guaranteed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts