2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need help spending my christmas money!!!! Im looking at a new shotgun right now im hunting with a remington 11-87 premier. Im looking at either the beretta xtrema 1 or the remington 11-87 super mag!! there is only about 100 bucks difference but im torn!!! so hit me with any and all opinions or ideas!!!

·
***, Over?
2,262 Posts
I agree. If choosing between the two, Beretta. Hands down. I got a new Bennelli Vinci. It doesn't shoot 3 1/2" shells but it doesn't matter to me since I shoot a 10 ga. at geese. I absolutely love it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If I had one of each I would GIVE you the Remington!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hope this helps!

·
ready to do some duck huntin
315 Posts
neither go with a stoeger its a cheaper gun with benelli guts save some of that christmas dough for shells cuz man they are getting ***** expensive

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Buddy has gone through 2 Stoeger's they both jammed wouldn't eject shells they had to be sent back to factory 3x. You get what you pay IMO.
I've heard this story too many times and seen it with clients guns. A Stoeger is a crapshoot. Get a good one you have a "benelli" for $450. Get a bad one it's heartache.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You are talking about 2 totally different shooting guns what kind are you used to shooting? Just an observation but straight out of the box I couldn’t shoot a Beretta and in conversation it was discovered that most Remington/Beretta/Benelli folks can’t without having it shimmed up. So back to your question on what one of the 2 would I choose, it would have to be the Remington. Not because I think it performs better (because it doesn’t) but it is what fits me best and in the end what I would shoot best.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Buddy has gone through 2 Stoeger's they both jammed wouldn't eject shells they had to be sent back to factory 3x. You get what you pay IMO.
Just curious where did he get it from?

I have had one m-2000 that jammed (from gander)and stoeger said it was special made.. the other from malbergers works great!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I always liked Remingtons, I like my Brownings to, never had a Baretta or a Stoeger but I bet they are good shotguns to. Just depends on personal preference and what you want to pay, and how you take care of them.

·
www.boatinsurancehouston. com
269 Posts
If ur going beretta get the new a400. Forget the extrema the a400 is salty as it gets right now

·
Cast & Blaster
3,333 Posts
Just curious where did he get it from?

I have had one m-2000 that jammed (from gander)and stoeger said it was special made.. the other from malbergers works great!
I'm not 100% sure I want to say Academy or Gander MT. or maybe BassPro. I'd have to ask him but they both were so fed up with them didn't matter what brand shells they'd put through them. The firing pin was not striking the primer on the shell and would leave a dimple but not "fire" the shot on the primer--- scary to pull out a shell like that misfired over and over again. They're going to Benelli now just didn't want to make that leap from the get go.

·
RODS DOWN!! LET THE BOAT BUZZARD PASS.
2,149 Posts
OUT OF THE TWO...
Beretta Xtrema OFCOURSE
Since you have the money to burn look around at the big stores and check out all of them before you buy. Put your jacket on and throw them up on your shoulder to see how well the sights line up. swing them a few times to see how well the balance is. You might be surprised what you find. I held a buddys new Winchester (Browning) the other day and was surprised at how well it felt.
I shoot a Benelli M1 Super 90 best feeling gun for me.

·
ready to do some duck huntin
315 Posts
i havent heard any bad news about the stoeger shotguns but i do not own one either. i do however shoot a benelli and i am extremly pleased with it. beretta and benelli both have a pretty good reputation and by them putting their parts and name with stoeger i gotta trust it. my next shotgun will be a stoeger. just my opinion.

·
FISH-HUNT-EAT-SLEEP
307 Posts
BENELLI

Bought a brand new stoeger from gander mountain and it would not fire a shot, took it back and purchased a Benelli m2 and it's incredible, my son has had his m2 for 3 years and works flawlessly, spend the money it's well worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Season is over half way over. IMO I would just save up a little more and get what you want and not settle. I bought the Vinci opening weekend of dove season. I couldn't be more happy. It's flawless. If you have gone this far without the gun then a little longer won't hurt. Get it in the off months that way when season comes up next year you've already had chance to get used to it on skeet/doves. To each his own but that's my 2. Good luck with your decision, whatever you decide!

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
I WAS a Remington man for 20 years. Recommended an 11-87 super mag to a new to duck hunting friend and it was a POS, send it in and get it back with the same flimsy parts back in it, twice. Whan my own 11-87 started having problems I replaced it with an Benelli M2. My son has an SBE II. I'll never buy or recommend another Remington.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts