2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin has a 1996 Mercury 115OS, that needs a lower unit rebuild. The mechanic that looked at it told him it would run about 1200 dollars. He has someone interested in buying it, and they want to know what he wants for it AS-IS. The motor itself was running fine when he had it out on the water back in April....just before the lower unit bit the dust!

He has no idea what it might be worth As-Is. Any ideas as to what he might ask for it?

Also he'll be selling his trailer. It's a Sportsman Galvanized 2001, with new tires and new spare with spare lock. It has just a little rust in between the leaf springs, but thats it. It looks practically new otherwise. It's been in dry storage for the last 2 years, except for the couple of times in April when he used it.

Any idea what the trailer might be worth?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Take it easy.............KC

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
No idea what a motor like that is worth but, I would estimate the lower unit rebuild around $700 off the motor value. I had my 150 EFI lower unit rebuilt for $725, not by a dealer but by someone that knows what they are doing on the side.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
InfamousJ said:
No idea what a motor like that is worth but, I would estimate the lower unit rebuild around $700 off the motor value. I had my 150 EFI lower unit rebuilt for $725, not by a dealer but by someone that knows what they are doing on the side.
Thanks. I thought $1200 sounded a little high too. I was thinking more like $900. But $700 sounds even better.

Take it easy..........KC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts