2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If I had to guess, the only thing that will be genuine Canon is the Body, everything else, maybe even the battery and charger, may be very inexpensive imports. Lenses are Tamron, not Canon, and probably not IS lenses. I'd run the other way on this one!

A friend just picked up a 50D bundle at Best Buy, I think it was a good value. Two nice Canon lenses and the 50D.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+E...?id=pcmprd119700050012&skuId=9999119600050012

·
Charter Member
5,936 Posts
"Purchased through eBay. The seller actually called me to confirm the order, inform me of important information regarding the item and to offer me an excellent deal on some related extras."

I found this review on resellerratings.com. That sounds typical of the bait and switch shops that operate out of NY. That's where this joint is located also.

www.resellerratings.com

Search for getitdigital.com

The product offered doesn't have anything in it I would be interested in. The 500mm Mirror lens is a POS. I'd have to do some research but I haven't heard of the Tamron lenses advertised. Tamron lenses I have now and had before include the 28-75 f/2.8 and the 17-50 f/2.8. Both are around $300-350 on the used market.

The wide angle lens they advertise fits on the front of your existing lens as does the 2x telephoto lens. Not for me.

The compact Flash memory card has no brand name? What's up with that?

It might turn out to be an OK purchase, but I would be willing to bet that you would get a call by a salesman that you can't hardly understand that would have some offers to upgrade your package. Once you say no, you may or may not get your delivery in a timely manner. It has been well documented on many internet forums.

If the deal looks like it is too good to be true, it probably is.

I have bought from B&H PHoto, Beach Camera, Amazon, Adorama and Sigma4Less and never had any problems and never had a salesman call and try to offer an upgrade of any kind.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts