2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the market on usable mid-life outboard motors 200-300hp Etec or Suzuki must demo ,no 30"
seams to be non -existent in Texas for the last 6 years ...............
any one know why ?.............I cannot justify going to find something in good shape ,not paying good money for some mystery motor on a pallet, all the way to Fla or buying new pair at $30-$40-$50K avg......

·
Registered
MayCraft 2400
97 Posts
There was some etecs on Craigslist in Florida, shipping ran me about $400 for one motor several years ago. I am in the same boat as you, been looking for a newer pair of 4 stokes for my boat for over a year now. Just can’t see paying $30,000 fir new ones

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Finding good used high HP outboards is always a challenge. From the perspective of my company, most replacements are done because the existing engine has had a problem. Re-powering just to re-power, does not happen all that often.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

·
fish control my brain
7,749 Posts
For E tec Evinrude I would call the long time service shops for them
they see them all the time when it’s time to update or make a change

Stone and Sons
redwing
Boatworks
Aces

come to mind

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For E tec Evinrude I would call the long time service shops for them
they see them all the time when it’s time to update or make a change

Stone and Sons
redwing
Boatworks
Aces

come to mind
Yes Sir ......been doing that for years ....

·
"Skinny She Ain't"
2,308 Posts
Paragod on here always seems to have one for sale. I believe his co his Tex-all in Conroe off 105

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dockside Marine in Bayou Vista has a Etec 300 on the showroom floor, I’m almost sure it’s used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
There are barely any take offs that are not full of problems. I waited for about a year before Josh at Shaver Marine convinced me to pull the trigger on a brand new one. I couldn't be happier with the choice. I have no concerns that it will fire right up every time and run perfect. It is covered by warranty and really the price is not that bad for what you get.

You buy a mystery motor good luck. We have all seen how some gremlins can never be solved. I put way too much into my old one trying to get it right, if I had gone straight to the new one I would have been even better off.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a pair etec 300 ..if the shop owner will demo run on test stand ,do compression and prove there are no faults with the software in front of me I will purchase them ..if not no purchase.....which I have done many times

1 - 9 of 9 Posts