2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on the technical section as well.

Hi folks, our business computer crashed Friday with our backup CD in it. Tried to get it to come up and fix the problem, but only screwed it up worse, and still can't get the back up CD out. Luckily, with Bill's input, we had bought a laptop a few weeks ago and wireless router, so I can still get out, and in this case, holler for help.
Does anyone have a computer repair place in the 281-Blanco/1604 area of S.A. they trust to get the computer going again, or at least save my hard drive stuff?
Started with the following "Loading PBR for descriptor 2 disk rea error occurred"
Tried to reboot, couldn't get F8 to work and in the meanwhile messed it up so it now says "No boot device available- strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility" Somewhere along the way, the dang thing locked up and can't eject the CD.
Any idea on where to go to get it fixed or at least save the HD in north S.A.?
Also any idea on projected cost to repair or save HD information from this description?
Any input would be appreciated.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
There is a small hole on the front of the CDROM that is for manually removing CD's.

Get a big paper clip and straighten it then insert it into the hole and push until the tray comes out a little. Then grab the tray with your fingers and pull it all the way out and remove the CD.

TH

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw that on the technical board as well. It worked, feel like fool. LOL. Argo, I'll give altex a call in the morning. thanks to everyone for the help. Hope the HD is not too messed up.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you have to, you can remove the HD and slave it to another computer and retrieve your data.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read about slaving, don't know how to do it, but will do that google thing and see if I can do it. Concerned I'll mes it up worse, if that's possible. Appreciate the respone on that, but need to get the dang thing running as well.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
osobrujo said:
If you have to, you can remove the HD and slave it to another computer and retrieve your data.
My friend's computer crashed. I took out her hard drive and borrowed a cable from Bimini Twisted (you can PM him to see what it is called). Hooked it up to my computer to retrieve all of the files she wanted to keep. Was very easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts