2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My son is coming home for a visit after completing Basic training, AIT, and Jump school at Fort Benning. All he talks about is going fishing Offshore.
We're thinking about going on Captain Elliot's Party Boat 12 hour trip.

Have any of you done this? What was your experience like? Would you do it again?
Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't want to disappoint him on this trip.

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've never been on one, but I've listened to the captains of their boats on the radio while they were having a competition to see which one could make more poeple sick. ;)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
if you don't have a capable offshore boat or friends that do then it is a great opportunity to get offshore and at least enjoy your day on the water. captain elliiots and there captains and deckhands have allways treated me right and i have no issues with going out again with them. i own an offshore boat but do use their services on trips where i want to fish with a larger group of friends or for extented periods offshore. the big e is only here for a limited time and she is a fantastic fishing platform. the best head boat in the gulf at this time. your last sentence on your post is going to be more about the seas and the captians ability to put you on fish. the seas will be more tolerable on the big e and i am sure they can put you on some fish. now whether you can catch them or not is another issue. i would highly reccommend the big e.....rick

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick,
Thanks for the sage advise in your reply, I'll take it to heart.
Tight Lines,
RP

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just went out on the Capt. Casey yesterday. It was a private charter and we had a great time. The crew was probably the best that I have seen. I would definitely recommend going out with them.

We caught dorado, limits of snapper, black fin tuna, kings, amberjacks, lots of bonita, ling, triggers, and an 8ft bull shark to top the day off!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
As I always have said, when it comes to party boats, Captain Elliots is head and shoulders above the rest.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Get there early and get 1st in line, head straight for the stern and roost on it. Best fishing is from the stern because of less line tangle.

·
wishin i's fishin
68 Posts
I agree with Porky get there an hour early and get a spot in the back, been out twice on the big e and caught lots of fish, good times. Thank you and your family for the sacrifices ya'll make while your son protects our freedoms.
God bless.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My advice would be to get on a private boat if you can. The cattle boat experience in comparison is DULL to put it mildly. The water is calm this time of year so no need to worry about sea conditions for the most part and no reservations, better fish etc. IMO, a good private boat is better than your average charter of any kind mostly because you have more freedom and flexibility. Like I said "IMO"!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts