2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Heater problem.

The heater lights and the blower motor runs but the heat that comes out of the vents seams minimal. There is an exhaust pipe that goes to the roof that is very hot. It seams to me that all the heat is going out side.

Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Set the fan switch to "on" and see if it works then. With any fuel burning appliance, you really need to get professional help. If setting the switch on "on' makes it work, you can wait until Monday to get it fixed. For what it's worth, the last furnaces made with fan controls came out in 1995. Since then, it's been all electronically controlled 99% of the time.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Check the filter and blower wheel to see if they are dirty. If so, it won't move much air.
X2
Sounds like something is clogged up. Does it blow good when the AC is on? Dont know if it would make a diffence or not, but someone like Mont might be able to help narrow the problem down with a little more info.

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Probably the pressure switch diaphragm leaking. Mine was doing the exact same thing.

The induction fan would pull enough suction to activate the switch, but as soon as the burners lit and got hot, it would loose a little suction and switch off. It would cool down in about 20 seconds, and the switch would activate again, lighting the burner, then loose it again and they would go out.

I would do this all night long. I would get enough heat to keep the house at about 65 degrees, but never any warmer. Replaced the switch and things work like new again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts