2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm only 34 but been having a rapid heart beat so dr sets me up for a stress test. they send me home with a monitor attached all over me and schedule me back later for the stress test. well i wear the monitor for 24 hours. then pull every hair off my chest removing the tape that held the sensors in place. then come to find out it hadn't been working. so i had to wear it again last night.

the kids fell asleep in my bed and with all this junk taped to my chest i just decided to sleep upstairs instead of carying my two girls up to their beds. slept very soundly until 4am when i am awoken by somthing crawling across my throat. instinctively - grab and throw. well b4 it hits the ground, i realize i had just hurled our hamster, who had been missing for about a week now, off the bed and to the floor. by the time i really woke up she was long gone.

i will be interested to find out what the heart monitor read at 4am. the girls were happy to know "rosie" is still around.

·
Registered
451 Posts
On the subject of hearts & heart attacks...I never tried it but if it helps someone, then the band width wasn't wasted.
"Subject: Fw: Heart Attack when you are alone - Not a Joke

A VERY Good Reminder
Let's say it's 6.15 pm and you're driving home (alone of
course), after an unusually hard day on the job. You're really tired, upset and
frustrated.
Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that
starts to radiate out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only
about five miles from the hospital nearest your home. Unfortunately you
don't know if you'll be able to make it that far. You have been trained in CPR, but the
guy that taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself. Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack, without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing
repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and
the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without
let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and
keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain
normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital. A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to 10 people, you can bet that we'll save
at least one life. BE A FRIEND AND PLEASE SEND THIS ARTICLE TO AS MANY FRIENDS
AS POSSIBLE! "

·
Registered
68 Posts
Holter Monitors

I used to put those on people, they are suposed to shave you first - alot less painful when removing! Make sure you note the HAMSTER ATTACK in you journal or they will have you on that treadmill forever trying to get your heart to repeat that episode. LMAO!

Andy

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not that hairy, but after this afternoon... i'll have even less

·
Registered
91 Posts
boat money, I had a similar situation one day. I was asleep one nite when I felt something under my blanket and as it was crawling up my leg I grabbed it over the blanket so I cound nopt see what it was and as I was squeezing it and heard it making a grunting noise, I called my brother from the other room and when he came in my room he told me that he had been playing with our pet ferret and he coundn't find it. Well when he said that, I knew I was killing our ferret. I let it go and looked under the blanket and there was our ferret still alive. I dont think our ferret will be coming in bed with me anymore, LOL........O

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Another one, just as bad--When I was a lad of 12 or 14, I stayed at my grandparents house over the christmas holidays. Early in the mornings, I would take my old 870 down in the pasture and pass shoot geese. I kept an old brown tarp down there and would lie under it for protection from the cold and wind, and also made an acceptable blind. One morning in the predawn darkness, I crawled under it and covered up, and tried a couple of yelps on my goose call. About that time I felt an unusual sensation of some kind of "critter" running up my prone pants leg. I immediately got a death grip on it through my pants, when it was about half way between my croutch and my knee. Not knowing if it was a snake, scorpion, or bullagator, I continued clutching it while I stripped in the dark. Afraid to let it go so near my important parts, I one handedly took off both boots, belt and pants one leg at a time, and then threw the pants a few feet away. To my relief, a small kangaroo mouse rapidly hobbled off as best he could. I then shook out the tarp and moved 10 or 20 feet away to resume my hunt. When it was daylight, I found she had a nest in my goose blind and had shreadded about 1/2 of it. Always shook it out after that!

Later
R3F

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.