2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving out of Glveston Saturday morning for Boomvang or Gunnison. Any one else going that direction? Looks like a few storms in the Gulf today, hope everyone that left for the slick seas this morning are ok.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
I found some bumpy sea's yesterday morning but by lunch it glassed off ...Gabby handled
the return leg at 27 mph and she did it like she has been doing it for years!!!!

almost forgot ...only 2 snap's in the fish box!

Be safe out there ...

John

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Sorry but I'll spend a pile of money to have an enjoyable day on the water with my family
the fish cleaning is a bonus!!!!!!

JOhn

·
Kamikaze
4,628 Posts
Headed outta GYB Sat at 05:30 to find Mr. King. Hope the weather holds well! Any reports?

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
a awesome rip line just south of 301!!!!

I did not troll it but it looked sweet!!!

John

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Your report

Headed out of San Luis Pass yesterday in a 17 ft Al Weld aluminum boat. Went to the first rigs we could see, 45-50 ft of water. Chummed a lot and drifted ribbon fish so we could save fuel from trolling. After 3 20-30 minute drifts we had our limit and released about 4-5 extras. Mostly small, biggest one went maybe 20, and caught one spanish. It was glass and ran full throttle the way out and back and saw many fish breakin the top the whole way out bonita, spanish mackeral... The water was very clear green.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks John. I agree, getting out there and back with family/friends is 75% of the fun, catching is 24%, and bringing home some fish to clean/eat is low on my scale as well. Any trees or logs still out there?

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
only seen one tree it was 1 mile out side of the Pass(San Luis)...blue water should be at 12-15 miles right now!!!

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts