2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would start a different thread so as to not hijack the other. Arlon looking at some of your early HDR attempts using the Photomatix I noticed a general super natural or artistic flair as oppossed to a more realistic look. Especially in the building shots. My question is, was this intentional or was it just how they came out. Think they look cool just curious how much control you had in it. Also around the buildings, the brighter halo area. Was this part of the process and was it controllable. Or does it boil down to what type photo's are intially put into it. Thanks Trey

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
2 Cents

Trey, I know you addressed Arlon, but I think I can answer your questions. I've been using Photomatix for the better part of two years now. The grayish contrasty HDR look is generally a function of the strength slider in the program. You can go full as I did on the Baltimore Bridge I did with the canvas texture or light as I did with the recent seascape from Bolivar. My personal taste is on the cusp of "is it or isn't it". It can be don with almost any viable image.

I did a tutorial here if your interested...

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=106568

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rusty, I just downloaded the software and got Noise Ninja also. I have a bunch of stuff I hope to start working with.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
madf1man said:
Thanks Rusty, I just downloaded the software and got Noise Ninja also. I have a bunch of stuff I hope to start working with.
Those are the only two I own outside of CS2. NN is a great program, but be aware as with all NR software sharpness suffers. There's no substitute for a correctly exposed shot that fills the fram at low ISO - amen.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Yep, some of those where my first shots before I discovered there WAS a slider and they where simply done with the default settings. I agree my first efforts where just that. I'm learning more about the input exposures and the parms in photomatix to make the effect much more subtle..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.