2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I commented on how nasty pigeons are and that Doc Davis ought to do something about getting rid of those nasty birds from making their home in his barn. He quickly agreed and said if you find someone with a pellet gun blow the **** out of 'em. About that time old Bernice, his secretary, said her husband had an old pellet gun he hadn't shot in years. After two days of forgetting to bring it in, she showed up yesterday morning with an old .22 caliber Benjamin pump still in the box covered in dust.

I ran over to Wally World and picked up some ammo, cleaned off the rifle and it was in perfect shape. It had a note on the instructions saying "NEVER, EVER PUMP THIS GUN MORE THAN EIGHT (8) TIMES!!"... So having remembered my first pellet gun from years past, I proceeded to give it eight for the first shot to sight it in and ten the second and twelve the third....I such a bad boy! The d*** thing is as accurate as can be. Them pigeons are wondering where their buddies are going. (Hey, what happened to Louie? He was here just a minute ago!) With the problem is almost solved with 9 down and 7 or 8 left to go, (got one at an amazing range about an hour ago) I'm thinking of starting a pigeon control service. Anybody need such a sniper? LOL! CF? ;)

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
man I bet you could make a killin sellin Pigieon Huntin videos. LOL It would ne funny as heck.....LMAO..........JJ

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JJ, Couldn't You See Me Doing Pellet Gun Commercials?....

...or maybe even my own Saturday morning outdoors pigeon hunting show! LOL! CF?

·
Wherever you are....BLOOM!
5,758 Posts
aha!!! maybe I know where your handle comes from....as in, "where did that shot come from?" lol

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
I also have a pigeon problem at my beachhouse. about 9 like to roost at night on the windows. I decided I'd get in some early dove practice and took the 12ga. to the beach.

It just so happens that my neighbor was having a party - about 25 coonassses from the Opelouses area were in attendance. Since the pigeons were sitting on the window ledges, I had to throw a rock to roust the birds, then mount the gun and take a shot - all while trying to not shoot towards the house, cars, or neighbors houses. Needless to say I missed badly - several times.

Anyway, these CA's are across the street laughing their collective arses off and hollering "shoot'em again!" One guy named Joe came over and introduced himself. He said he knew I was not from the great state of Louisiana. I asked how he knew that. He told me "If you was from LA, you'd have hit 3 with one shot and they'd be plucked and in a pot before you could reload." Well we had a good laugh at that.

Later that evening over some beers - I was pulled aside by Bennie from Ville Platte. He wanted to know what I was going to do with the pigeons once I actually hit them. Imagine the look of shock and dismay on poor Bennie's face when I told him they would go in the trash. "Can I have them?" he asked. He proceeded to tell me his favorite recipes for pigeons and other ungodly things those cajuns eat.

I never did kill all the pigeons, can I borrow that pellet gun?

G

·
speckle-catcher said:
I also have a pigeon problem at my beachhouse. about 9 like to roost at night on the windows. I decided I'd get in some early dove practice and took the 12ga. to the beach.

It just so happens that my neighbor was having a party - about 25 coonassses from the Opelouses area were in attendance. Since the pigeons were sitting on the window ledges, I had to throw a rock to roust the birds, then mount the gun and take a shot - all while trying to not shoot towards the house, cars, or neighbors houses. Needless to say I missed badly - several times.

Anyway, these CA's are across the street laughing their collective arses off and hollering "shoot'em again!" One guy named Joe came over and introduced himself. He said he knew I was not from the great state of Louisiana. I asked how he knew that. He told me "If you was from LA, you'd have hit 3 with one shot and they'd be plucked and in a pot before you could reload." Well we had a good laugh at that.

Later that evening over some beers - I was pulled aside by Bennie from Ville Platte. He wanted to know what I was going to do with the pigeons once I actually hit them. Imagine the look of shock and dismay on poor Bennie's face when I told him they would go in the trash. "Can I have them?" he asked. He proceeded to tell me his favorite recipes for pigeons and other ungodly things those cajuns eat.

I never did kill all the pigeons, can I borrow that pellet gun?
Farm fed pigeons are as good as grain fed doves! Cook 'em the same way, the breasts are bigger, but just as sweet. - I used to shoot them at a farm just like skeet, when they flew out of the barn's silo. Great pass shooting practice, and the farmer only wanted 1/2 of the birds. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts