2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is down from Dallas and wants to go fishing tomorrow before he has to travel back home, problem is his current combo license is in Dallas. If stopped and checked by game warden what can we do not to be ticketed? Thanks in advance for your help....

·
Smokin' a GULP!
911 Posts
Stop off at 24hr Walmart and pay the $10.00 for a reprinted license.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
They can give you a ticket for not having it on your person.... but it will be substantially less that if you didnt have one at all....

Plus, your son will have to come alllll the way back down here to talk to the judge and show him the license...

X2 on the 10 dollar walmart reprint

·
Registered
357 Posts
Probably will be issued a ticket but all you have to do is send the JP a copy of you lic. and that will be it . Had it happen to me once and my customers a bunch of times. Hunting deer or anything requiring a tag is a different story.

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
Probably will be issued a ticket but all you have to do is send the JP a copy of you lic. and that will be it . Had it happen to me once and my customers a bunch of times. Hunting deer or anything requiring a tag is a different story.
Isn't worth the hassle. Pay the $10.00

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
$10. Goes without saying. Save yourself the trouble. If your luck is anything like mine, it will be the one time the GW checks you.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Do the replacement thing, wifey left ther purse at the house this past weekend, and the boys showed up at the lease. They were nice and gave her a warning and mentioned "going into HEB and get replacement".

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you get stopped and he knows his drivers license number they can look it up, depends on the game warden, but it is possible. They did it for me last year, one wanted to ticket me, the other just picked up the radio, called in my dl number, and verified I had a current license.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I fish 2 or 3 days a week and haven't been checked more than 5 or 6 times. Saturday I left my billfold at home and was checked. Believe it or not the game warden checked my fish, my boat registration, and my safety equipment and never asked for my license. I told my wife when I got home and she said he probably thought I was so old that I didn't have to get one anymore. Now my feelings are hurt that he didn't check my license.
Pat

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
:idea: Pay the $10 & get the license reprinted. I was stopped & someone on my boat did not have it on them. It seemed to irritate the GW & he spent 30 minutes on the radio checking him out & harassing us because of it. Save yourself potential grief.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I fish 2 or 3 days a week and haven't been checked more than 5 or 6 times. Saturday I left my billfold at home and was checked. Believe it or not the game warden checked my fish, my boat registration, and my safety equipment and never asked for my license. I told my wife when I got home and she said he probably thought I was so old that I didn't have to get one anymore. Now my feelings are hurt that he didn't check my license.
Pat
We ladies always know just what to say to make it all better:bounce:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts