2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
I've used one before - for bass fishing in a lake. They are kind of handy in that it leaves your hands free to fish when you get nice and tight around structure.

I'm pretty sure the flippers would rip off the bottom of the yak in the surf. Leaving your fee hangin' out the bottom like Fred Flinstone. (May be good for attractin' sharks!)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
bass pro

had one on the floor last weekend. it comes with a paddle as well. looked nice. if you push both feet completely forwward the fins come up flush with the bottom of the yak. it also has an option to purchase a small sail that converts it to a small sail boat. pretty interesting. it also is at least 3x's as fast as paddling.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well

Don't know.. think you might need auto insurance for that thing.. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Of course with 2 fins underneath you have a bit of the seal profile going and it should attract sharks pretty well, well for those that want sharks around that is.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one because I'll do alot of lake fishing up here and I figure it will be functional in the surf. It is a bit pricey but I figure the hands free part of it will be nice. I would think it would be perfect for bay fishing calmer water. It's specs look like an Ocean Kayak Drifter to me. Just my humble opinion. You can get alot of info off of the Hank Parker website as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts