2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
A buddy of mine got a beautiful drake cinny yesterday morning on a little wetland South of Blessing. We shot 6 ducks, 3 of which are headed for the taxi....the cinny, a great little GW drake and a total stud ringer drake. The gw and cinny were both taken with the same shot! The ringer was a very mature drake with really cool purple irridescence on his head, a slightly rust colored rind around the base of his neck, and the straitest, most defined black/white separation line on his breast that I've ever seen.

Congrats to Conner for 3 awesome trophies!

·
Banned
893 Posts
A buddy of mine got a beautiful drake cinny yesterday morning on a little wetland South of Blessing. We shot 6 ducks, 3 of which are headed for the taxi....the cinny, a great little GW drake and a total stud ringer drake. The gw and cinny were both taken with the same shot! The ringer was a very mature drake with really cool purple irridescence on his head, a slightly rust colored rind around the base of his neck, and the straitest, most defined black/white separation line on his breast that I've ever seen.

You've been hunting all over the place and my phone still hasn't rang......

·
3,020 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Lets see those trophies. Like I always say, it didnt happen if there arent pictues.

·
3,020 Posts
Lets see those trophies. Like I always say, it didnt happen if there arent pictues.
Here ya go sir. This is a copy of a post by my buddy from another forum.

Well I went out with Triple F and some of his coworkers on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday was pretty slow all in all but Wednesday was by far my favorite day of the season thus far. We killed quite a mixed bag. Finished out the morning with a greenwing hen, spoonie hen, common merg hen, beautiful greenwing drake, BEAUTIFUL ringneck (believe it or not), and finally a cinnamon teal. I have been wanting one my whole life and I finally achieved my goal. I will be mounting the greenie drake, the ringer and the cinnamon. What a great morning with great friends!

Sorry the pics were taken with my phone so they kindof suck.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
last bird

wasnt planning on mounting any more birds last year, but i heard these where super rare. glad i did it. oh yea, i agree 3F, wed. was lights out by far my best hunt too. there was shooting everywhere. shot a bull canvusback and missed on a greenhead drake. cant believe that one got away. finished w/ 2 gadwalls, canvusback and the rest greenwings. catch was didnt fire a shot thursday. didnt even hear one. crazy. lets see what this weather did for saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I took one in South Texas on Thursday. We were picking up dekes and I was two birds shy of my limit, so I kept my shotgun loaded. I was looking the other way when my buddy said "shoot that bird" I spun around and dropped this one. None of us even knew it was a cinnamon until my dog retrieved it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts