2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard rumors it was open. If it is flowing again, should be some good fall fishing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not a troll....

....just want to know if it's flowing. Something going on with board I don't know about?

·
11,765 Posts
Fl, I believe it is still closed but go to the RFA Texas website and ask Jim Smarr, he been handling that issue.

·
Registered
496 Posts
fished it earlier this summer on much lower tides than we have now.. its was full and flowing nicely... fast enough that I was scared to try and cross it just before the surf.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sight Cast, Salty,
Thanks for the reply. Last time I was there (over a year ago) it was plugged up pretty good. Dunes were even beginning to form where the bayou used to cross the beach. It's one of my favorite fishing/camping spots on the coast when the waters flowing. I am trying it out this weekend.

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Cb

I was there about a month ago and it was flowing but not enough to get a boat through to the surf. It was nice and pretty and the water was ripping through there. It looks soooooo different (better) than last year. I remember those dunes you were talking about that were forming and they are gone. lots of people were fishing in the bayou itself but we walked through and fished the surf. Be careful running through there because it was totally different than last year (sandbars and all) but I'm sure I didnt really need to tell you that. hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks deebo,
fishdemeanor has a good report on the Fishing Reports page.
I have no interest in taking a boat thru to the surf, just want to make sure waters flowing before I plan a weekend there. We usually do pretty well fishing the surf during the day and staking a lantern in the bayou at night. Fishing under the lantern has been pretty good for us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts