2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from psmtp.com (exprod5mx120.postini.com [12.158.34.34])
by mail3.*****.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with SMTP id i6AJdLvZ018465
for <******@*******.net>; Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:39:21 -0400
Received: from source ([68.124.72.227]) by exprod5mx120.postini.com ([12.158.34.245]) with SMTP;
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:39:20 PDT
Received: from ALBERTA ([127.0.0.1]) by EASTVIRGINIA123 with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713);
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:39:02 -0700
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:39:02 -0800
Subject: Someone is looking into your background via our website.
To: *****@*****.net
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 10 Jul 2004 19:39:02.0546 (UTC) FILETIME=[8DB01F20:01C466B5]
X-UIDL: W%a!!U5!"!86c!!:?N!!

****NOT COMMERCIAL EMAIL****

Someone is researching your background at our website.

One of our users has begun the process of researching your background via our website. This user is using our website to meet people who know you and have experiences and opinions to share about you.

This email was automatically sent to you to make you aware of the fact that your background is being looked into.

Our website is the simple solution to this problem. People submit their shared experiences on people who they know. The authors of such information are either looking for knowledge or have knowledge to share. Users from around the world can search for and find such word-of-mouth information. Once it is found, the user can then contact the author to begin communication regarding the subject of the search.

To learn more regarding the research being done use this link:

http://g.wores.biz/sel.php?a=search&b=5&c=*******@****.net
(* = name and address deleted by me)

Our strict privacy policy ensures that we never sell nor shareyour e-mail address with third parties. The only non-identification purpose for your information will be if we need to contact you for administrative purposes. Further, our website cannot be used by spammers to harvest or validate email addresses.

If you DO NOT want to be notified in the future then just add your email address(es) to our Do Not Email List using:

http://h.wores.biz/sel.php?a=donotemail&b=*******@*******.net

WordofMouthResearch.com has made its best effort to provide a legal forum for the dissemination of word-of-mouth information. Defamation is written or spoken injury to the reputation of a living person or organization. Injury to reputation generally is considered to be exposure to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or financial loss. Libel is the written act of defamation; slander is the spoken act. Whether libel or slander, the defamation must be published - communicated to someone other than the subject of the defamation. Truth is generally an absolute defense to defamation: f what you say is true, it cannot be defamatory. Additionally, you are protected against defamation providing your statement is an opinion, not an assertion of a fact. If you follow these guidelines when submitting a Connection you will be well within the boundaries of the law.

Regards,

WOM Support Department

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Interesting site

I have not seen this one.
Anonymous email is sent back and forth through a series of pages at our site. Users receive email through their email clients (i.e. Outlook, Eudora) or their Internet email accounts (i.e. Yahoo!, Hotmail), but users cannot respond to these emails using the "reply-to" button as they normally would. Users must instead click on a link in the email they received which will then take them to a custom page at our site. From there they can reply to the author of the email. Communication then continues in the same fashion, back and forth, until the parties decide to desist or until either party decides to provide a contact email address, phone number, or other contact means. By utilizing this system we keep the email addresses of both parties absolutely private. Neither party will or can learn the email address of the other (nor identity, of course) through us.

I guess, if you have a company and someone feels like that have not been satisfied, this is another way to help resolve it. I do not know what good it would do though, I believe BBB is better but then if only the company is a member. There are far better ways to resolve problems than some type of emails.
I do know of some site that you can get personal information, I won't list them as I feel they can be in a gray area. Most of them require some type of payment, even the site you have listed, mentions the pay package.
If someone is looking for you (school military ect.) there are larger well known services that do this.
I'm gona spend some time looking around that site and maybe be able to give you more information. For now, I would cast an leary eye and not worry, if legit, they should contact you again.

UPDATE:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/wordofmouth.asp

Sorry, I should have looked here first. It's junk!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
bill said:
I have not seen this one.
Anonymous email is sent back and forth through a series of pages at our site. Users receive email through their email clients (i.e. Outlook, Eudora) or their Internet email accounts (i.e. Yahoo!, Hotmail), but users cannot respond to these emails using the "reply-to" button as they normally would. Users must instead click on a link in the email they received which will then take them to a custom page at our site. From there they can reply to the author of the email. Communication then continues in the same fashion, back and forth, until the parties decide to desist or until either party decides to provide a contact email address, phone number, or other contact means. By utilizing this system we keep the email addresses of both parties absolutely private. Neither party will or can learn the email address of the other (nor identity, of course) through us.

I guess, if you have a company and someone feels like that have not been satisfied, this is another way to help resolve it. I do not know what good it would do though, I believe BBB is better but then if only the company is a member. There are far better ways to resolve problems than some type of emails.
I do know of some site that you can get personal information, I won't list them as I feel they can be in a gray area. Most of them require some type of payment, even the site you have listed, mentions the pay package.
If someone is looking for you (school military ect.) there are larger well known services that do this.
I'm gona spend some time looking around that site and maybe be able to give you more information. For now, I would cast an leary eye and not worry, if legit, they should contact you again.

UPDATE:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/wordofmouth.asp

Sorry, I should have looked here first. It's junk!
I figured it was either a new type of troll to gather personal information about me, or a SPAM to get me to sign up and use their service to get information about others. I just have never seen this approach before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts