2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppurtunity to hunt on 400 acres in Sour Lake outside of Beaumont and am gonna go early next week. Anyone hunt in the area lately? Any reports or pics would be appreciated. Roy

·
http://morrisontaxidermy.com/
316 Posts
It has been sucking just like every where else in East Texas and the Hill Country. My brother, couple of nephews, and some cousins are on a big club a few miles north of Sour Lake twords Kountze and they are not seeing any deer. Hope you have good luck though.

James

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I went snow goose hunting just Northwest of Sourlake a few years back and saw a solid buck that would score 130 or so driving down a levee between a rice field and a marsh. Beautiful country!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well hopefully this cold weather will have them moving around more in the next few days.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I live and hunt in the area, I do hunt or ride thru our place dailey, there are 3 deer left so you better hurry unless your after some HOGS, we got a gazillion of them. BTW I live 5 miles NE of Sour Lake, 9 miles W of Lumberton>>N the country....WW

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I live about 7 miles east of Sour Lake and I have been seeing deer every evening
in the back yard... the rut is over but the deer are coming to corn now, a month
ago they were not.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I live about 7 miles east of Sour Lake and I have been seeing deer every evening
in the back yard... the rut is over but the deer are coming to corn now, a month
ago they were not.
East as in Bevil Oaks or Pinewood, we manage all the property N of the Bayou from Bevil Oaks to Pinewood, LOTS of hogs and 3 deer....WW

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
East as in Bevil Oaks or Pinewood, we manage all the property N of the Bayou from Bevil Oaks to Pinewood, LOTS of hogs and 3 deer....WW
Choice Thompson's old place? I know both of his grandsons very well.
Used to squirrel hunt back in there.

I live in the very back NW corner of Bevil Oaks...

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Actually we got 1000acres on the Bayou and 4000 on the N side of 421 4 miles west of Lumberton there are 5 deer on the last mentioned BUT we have Doe permits for this pc so the 5 are due for reduction along with the gazillion HOGS

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Choice Thompson's old place? I know both of his grandsons very well.
Used to squirrel hunt back in there.

I live in the very back NW corner of Bevil Oaks...
We're on the N side of the Bayou from Bo n Johns place, is that your dogs I been hearing. Your place is just across the Bayou from my East stand...WW

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
We're on the N side of the Bayou from Bo n Johns place, is that your dogs I been hearing. Your place is just across the Bayou from my East stand...WW
I've got dogs but they're pretty quiet unless they have good reason
to bark... and they are not allowed to roam freely. Some of the
neighbors on the other hand....

So do you know who runs the lease N & E of Bevil Oaks... Tram Rd.
is the eastern boundary.

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Don't know who has it now BUT I have killed lots of deer off Tram Rd in the early 70s, We used to live on Leaning Oaks back then, BTW my Bro mounted most of the Prices deer, they have some SUPER NICE deer on their place and the GW has a camp on their property...WW

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
I live and hunt in the area, I do hunt or ride thru our place dailey, there are 3 deer left so you better hurry unless your after some HOGS, we got a gazillion of them. BTW I live 5 miles NE of Sour Lake, 9 miles W of Lumberton>>N the country....WW
3 deer? Are you sure you have not seen the same one twice?

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
I dought its Az Creek, they used to be more west, Az Creek used to be the largest HC (property wise) in Texas BEFORE the timber co started selling off their land. There are 3 different clubs between Sour Lake and Kountze one is the '270 club' along with HCWA, can't remember the others name, the 270 backs up to Lance Rosier park, the HCWA is on the E side of 365....WW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts