2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Jamacia beach last night (6/7) fished live shrimp and every artificial in my bag and caught 15 hardheads. There was more bait than I have ever seen and we could not even buy a bite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same here 6/7

I hate to hear about the hardheads, but relieved also because that's all we could catch. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. There were a few runs by Spanish mackeral, but it seemed to be hard head after hard head after hard head.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well it's the same over here at SeaRim Mcfaddin. Gafftops and Hardheads. I did manage one trout the other night about 18". I also caught plenty of hardheads and I am telling you they are some of the biggest hardheads I have ever seen.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had the same problem in Galveston last week. They wouldnt stay off my shrimp. I switched to a 51mr and caught one on it too.

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
I remember my dad taking me fishing when I was a kid. He'd get SO mad when he'd catch a hardhead. If he didn't maul it to death, he'd tie a lug nut to it, or a spark plug, or whatever else he could find and let it go. LOL.

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
Gafftop

Go try throwing tops in the surf and all you catch is gafftops.
That'll really irritate you.

Good luck w. the hard heads.
They hurt really bad sometimes.

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
I thought I was going to try and get that STAR Gafftop, until I weighed what I thought was a big one and it was only 5.4 lbs. ! A 9 lb + gafftop is freakin' huge! That's what won it last year.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They need to have a smallest or most in one day hardhead division, and give the winner a tennis racket so he or she can quit fishing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got back in from some night fishing in Jones Bay, and we sure did slam them hardheads, that is all the was bitting.....going to have to give top water a try tommorow because I am sick of catching **** hardheads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts