2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty guys!! Let's get the ball back rolling and get the racing back strong now that most of the weather/Ike related issues are getting behind us. Gary and the guys at Southside have built us a BRAND NEW TRACK to race on just for this occasion! There is a 0% chance of rain, and the forecast calls for a whopping high of 81 degrees and a low of 62 in the morning...........what more can we ask for guys!

I hope to see everyone back out and ready to hit the track and release some of this frustration from Ike in our area.

I got a guy feeling about this one.......it's gonna be good!

http://southsiderc.com/track_rebuild_photos

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bolt on your top end pipe, go up a tooth on your clutch bell, and break out your 7-ports, 'cause Gary told me the track is FAST!!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I think I'm out fellas. Looks like i'm leading a bike ride Sat morning for a women's tri group, then a b'day party later in the day. See y'all at The River in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Yeah, but then I don't get to come over and drink up all your adult beverages, so where's the fun in that? I figured we'd just set up a track in your backyard and play there. Fence should be easy to take down so we'll have plenty of room, ha ha ha.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
How'd it go this weekend? CV, is the race on the 25th at The River still on regular schedule?

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the River Track is still good-to-go on 10/25!

Sorry for the delay in posting up here......I've been laid up in bed for the past couple of days with the Flu. Just now getting around and getting some work done.

Much fun this weekend fellas! Glad you guys all came out, and as usual, already looking forward to the next round at the River!

Met lots of new people this weekend......always cool!

I will have the points updated and posted tomorrow, but for now, here's a link to all of the pictures I took, and just a few of the to show you.

Here's all the pictures in this link:
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z163/HoustonAreaRC/2008%20HARC%20Round%208%20at%20Southside/

And here's a couple of them:

The 1/8 Buggy A-Main Expert driver's stand

Thomas's Cheerleading squad doing the wave

A little action shot from Mark Morrow

Tim Carter casting an afternoon shadow

Man, those Moguls were cool!

Proof that spending time setting up your car properly works....check out the accuracy of the suspension & the solid footprint of the back wheels under an un-even load! Courtesy of Smiley!

Jim Miller's new MBX6 in action!

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still working on my fast moving photos. Trying to figure out the right blend of shutter speed, focus, and timing my trigger finger just right.....they're getting better though!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That looks suspiciously like Mike Babbit in the shot of the drivers stand. I was at Victory a couple months ago and he was talking about buying a car. Did he come race?

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike Babbit has raced twice with us now in the past couple of months. He's running an RC8. Said he just happened to be in from work.....he's working out of state on a pipeline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts