2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, what a day! IMO, this was a huge success! 67 entries is a lot for Houston these days! Congrats to Smiley who walked away with $110 cash for his two class wins!

A HUGE thanks to Jeff, Phil, and Mike for hosting this race! Jeff told me that this was the best turnout for a Houston-area race that he's seen in 2-3 years!

I'm a little tired right now, so I don't feel quite like elaborating on today's race much, but check out the pictures below.......EVERY pit table was jam packed, people were pitting from their trailers, and we had more spectators than I've ever seen at any Houston race.

Again, this was a big success, and a huge step in showing the local tracks that we support them and we all want to get out and have fun. You could literally feel the excitement in the air!

I will have some cheesy videos posted on Youtube.com in the next few days, and I will also post some more pictures. BTW, there was a couple of people in from Austin, and one of them brought a 3-camera rig and took a lot of video.....hoping that he'll put it all together and post it soon!

P.S. for those of you who didn't stay for the expert A-main, that was probably the best race I've ever seen! All 5 top spots were grouped together for almost 10 of the full 15 minutes, and they kept trading places back and forth. Smiley and Jake finally started to pull away from everyone, and that turned into a full-blown 5-minute brawl! It don't get no better than that!

Attachments

·
Like a Rock
987 Posts
I just wasnt feeling my driving today. Me and the buggy are usually united as one, but today it just didnt happen. I had a great time other than that!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
it was awesome that was some close racing great job to all the racers and you to jerry.i want to thank the guys that stayed and helped pull up the pipe and lock up you know who you are thanks WOW what a day!cant wait for m&m.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
That is whats called a "World Class Facility"! I have never seen those pits before. VERY, very nice!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Awesome. Glad to see things are going the way we hoped. Bummed I had to miss, but family has to come first. Gary, you need to put that Mod Truck together and get ready for some racing when the weather cools. Mike's grooves very nicely. Last time I raced there Kev drove my T4 and ran red Tapers on it. Been a long time since we've had a track you could run those tires. M&M is of course good for electric and Gary's track is too.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
cjtamu said:
Awesome. Glad to see things are going the way we hoped. Bummed I had to miss, but family has to come first. Gary, you need to put that Mod Truck together and get ready for some racing when the weather cools. Mike's grooves very nicely. Last time I raced there Kev drove my T4 and ran red Tapers on it. Been a long time since we've had a track you could run those tires. M&M is of course good for electric and Gary's track is too.
Ill have a T4FT coming pretty soon. Ill be running mod!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I've actually been looking at the Duratrax Evader. If I ever get a 1/10 off roader again I think I would give one of those budget kits a try.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Guff, the Evader is a fun truck. It's a copy of the old XXT. But there's not an ST out there that's as good as the T4. I think Losi has a new truck coming out, I'd like to see it. The 2 things with the Evader are: 1) it just doesn't handle as well as the T4 and XXXT, and 2) parts supply. You can run a lot of the XXT chassis and suspension parts on it, but not other stuff.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Guffinator said:
I've actually been looking at the Duratrax Evader. If I ever get a 1/10 off roader again I think I would give one of those budget kits a try.
the sport works looks great and its cheap i thought about geting one myself still might check it out dont buy the evader breaks to easy

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
World Class is right

That is an awesome facility. I had a great time. Little long on the drive. I didn't get back to Granite Shoals until close to 2am. I'll have to bring the wife along next time so she can drive home. My brother was called into work so I decided to go on home last night. I shot plenty of video almost 7 tapes. I am just now starting to capture it into the computer. I'm pretty beat today so it will probably be tomorrow before I start to edit anything. But you never know. The bright end of the track kinda messed with the cameras. Especially when the sun got low. I had to stay in the shaded areas to get the cameras to expose properly. I can adjust the one I'm holding. But the satellite cams need to be on auto exposure in case things change before I get back to them. I still need to experiment with the manual settings on the cameras. But I don't want to do it when I'm filming a race in case I screw it all up. I'll do that when I go back to the sand drags or something like that. But the little bit I did look at was pretty cool :)

Griz

Reactions: jerry23

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
ya i probly had the worst luck out of everybody yesterday. universals kept popping out, burned up 3 throttle servos. i never finished a qualifier!! i did actually finish the c main and won it!!! :p couldnt start the b main because i burnt out another servo. kevin was having problems with his too. o well. maybe ill do better at m&m

·
What About My Member?
498 Posts
cjtamu said:
Guff, the Evader is a fun truck. It's a copy of the old XXT. But there's not an ST out there that's as good as the T4. I think Losi has a new truck coming out, I'd like to see it. The 2 things with the Evader are: 1) it just doesn't handle as well as the T4 and XXXT, and 2) parts supply. You can run a lot of the XXT chassis and suspension parts on it, but not other stuff.
Truhe is running the new losi truck. didnt get to see it close up though. looked awesome on the track though.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
ya i had a blast too. lots of frustration but fun none the less. thanks BTW, for letting me use a servo. i owe you a servo now. one of the three i burned up yesterday

·
Registered
146 Posts
nik you need to reset you linkage and end points burning up 3 servos like that somthing is causing a lot of stress on the servo

1 - 20 of 48 Posts