2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to run new electricity out to the pier from the main box under the house. Already have trenched and laid 1 1/2" conduit. The run is about 200' - 225' (I cant remember) from house to beginning of pier, then I am going to put a small breaker box there, then run the remaining 30' or so off the small box to the pier accessories. I need to run a boat lift seperately from regular outlets placed on the pier for lights, etc. Have a mercury vapor light also. I figure a 30 amp breaker for the boat lift, maybe a couple 20's for the other items?? What are your suggestions?

What size, type wire do I need for the run from the house to the pier, 200'? How much should it cost?

What size type wire do I need to run the rest of the way? How much should that cost?

Don't ask me 110 or 220. I'm no electrician by any means and am scared of it. LOL The boat lift plugs into a normal looking electrical outlet on the pier right now. I want to wire it solid and just cut it off from the new breaker box when I'm gone. With the flooding lately, splices in the line under the pier :D , etc. I need to redo it all. The lift wont spin the motor as I think the line is holding back volts now, dont have a tester either. LOL Starter (cylenoid??) on the motor is brand new. No, the crappy job was done before I bought the place. Trying to do it right this time.

Thanks for the input.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. Thanks also Profish for the offer but I might just have it covered now.

BE, thanks for the info also. I am not sure about climbing a 2-pole however. 1-pole was enough. LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.