2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i readin this right? Walkin Jack is a Sextagenarian? Happy Birthday....methinks Billy is wippin ya up a birthday present. Tight lines and heavy stringers for you this year.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Happy Birthday Walking Jack!

Hope ya get a chance to wet a line on your birthday! I heard this morning that they are slaying em on the Galveston Fishing Pier.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Happy birthday, you old pirate! Make it a good one.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,588 Posts
Mr. Jack

My birthday wish for you.......hehehe......well okay, since I can't post that one.....how about lots of rubs on yer shiny head........from lots of pretty gals, at the grocery store.........

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Sexta-WHAT?!?

Hey now, that has a certain ring to it, LOL! Ya know, they say that being old is just a state of mind. Well now, that can be true, up to a point. Thing is, that eventually you reach the age where you are just OLD and the state of what you have left of your mind makes no difference what-so-ever. Happily for me, I'm only 60 now so I'm in pretty good shape. ;)

Kinda funny how that all works. I remember that when I was 17 I thought that any one as old as 40 should be put out of their misery...just no use to any one. 'Course as I got closer and closer to 40 I was forced to reconsider my judgement on that. Yeah, 50, THAT'S when yer old...awright! Then I began to sneak up on 50 and, once again, I find myself rethinking the whole deal. Now I'm 60 and the process continues. I have now decided that 70 is the minimum age to be old but I'm trying to keep and open mind, here. I've learned that it pays to be flixible in one's opinions and attitudes, if ya catch my drift. :D

One thing is for SURE, I have absolutely enjoyed the heck out of every age (so far), for each one seems to come with it's own set of advantages and disadvantages. I will tell you all the truth here; I feel like I have a few more good miles in me and I relish the thought of my future. Still, if our sweet Lord calls me home today I can go out a happy man. I've had a wonderful childhood, I have had the love of the best woman on the planet Earth, 2 amazing kids, The best, most loyal friends anywhere, a good living and the good health to enjoy it all. I am one happy camper (no reference to last weekend intended. :D )

I could go on and on but I gotta go to the grocery store and get the old punkin' a little attention. Thanks for the great idea, Bert. I like to believe that I woulda thought of that myself but it never hurts to have a younger mind at work in my behalf. LOL!

I will have my birthday fishin' on Saturday. I think Miss Pam has the plan for today. Think I'll just lean back and rest in the arms of Morphious, as they say.

I appreciate the happy BDs!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Senior citizen discounts...

Well, Jack, Happy 60th Birthday! As your (slightly) elder, I feel it my duty to inform you that you can now ask for senior citizen discounts as you patronize certain establishments!

Howard

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
Wow, Happy Birthday Jack! Does this mean, as Howard pointed out that you'll get a discount on fees at the pier and at the bait camp? Sounds like a deal to me.

Enjoy your day and don't forget the SP50 for that shiny noggin.

;)

TH

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Yeah, I just love the concept of a DISCOUNT for any reason. Actually I already had my first senior discount. 'Member an outfit called Builders Square? They started their discounts at 55. I was in there buyin' a lawnmower and the checker ask if I was 55 or older. I said that I'd be 55 in about a week so she gave me a card and said that I'd get a 20% discount of anything in the store if I shopped on Tuesdays.

Saved a nice chunk o' change that day.

Two weeks later, they announced on TV that they were closing all the stores in the Houston area....that sounds about right, eh?

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
:birthday: Make it a good one WJ...hope all your wishes come true....Man, that's a lotta candles to blow out....J/K

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Have a great day Jack!

I hope I have the energy and spunk you have when I get to be that old LOL. 8 yrs behind ya. I hope you guys slay em Saturday. I was a little slow on the trigger so I wont be joining you.
Leo

1 - 20 of 39 Posts