2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, forgive my ignorance...I am a bow guy and have very limited hand gun knowledge.

Last year after a few threads on this site and a couple of others I bought a hand gun. Springfield XD 9 mil. Almost everyone told me it was reliable and a good value.

I got it and am very happy. I shot a couple of boxes through it with no problem.

So this weekend at the lease, a friend of mine wants to shoot it. Everytime he shoots it jams. The spent shell gets caught in the slide. I shoot it, no problem...he shoots again and jam.

So my question is...can the way someone is holding the gun effect if it jams???????

It looked like he was holding kind of loosely with both hands. This seemed very strange to me, but like I said...I am low experience. What do you think?

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Next time make sure his support hand is in a strong position. Have it jammed up to the bottom of the trigger guard with a little back pressure. His shooting hand should have the same forward pressure towards his support hand.
Kind of like cupping your fist in the fingers of your support hand and applying equal pressure.
At least this is what I do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts