2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about starting some long range plans for a vacation, thinking it might be nice to go try for one or two of those king sized flounders, what is the prime time of year, and any insight, such as lodges, charters, locations, always welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Best time is from now till mid sept....

Best waters, would most likely be out of Homer , AK....

Wildcat charters is a good one, but there are so many there you have your pic

·
Registered
73 Posts
Halibut Guide

Greatland Guide Service, Ninilchik AK. ( Alan Goins )
Used Alan several times & had productive trips.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, works got me pinned down till Thanksgiving+ with little chance for air. So like I said long range planning, info pasted into file for future reference, Thanks Muchly!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to Prince of Wales island in September. The package for 5 days of hunting and fishing is about 800 bucks. This includes a cabin, 4x4 vehicle and an alumninum boat with a 4stroke outboard. Of course you have to get from Ketchikan to P.O.W. by ferry or floatplane. The ferry is $60 and the plane is $200. Of course you get to fly around the island and see all the sights on the way. The cabin also come with crab traps and shrimp traps. We will be there when the salmon are running up the rivers to spawn so the salmon fishing should also be great. You can catch small halibut right there in the bays and the big boats run around $200 per man. We will also be hunting black bear and Sitka blacktail deer. They allow you 2 bear and up to 4 blacktail if you want to buy the tags. Bear tags are $325 and deer are something like $60 each. I've probably given you alot more info than you asked for but for me this is the trip of a lifetime for me and I'm pretty darn excited about it. For me the fishing is enough and the hunting is just gravy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts