2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Cool. My Paw Paw passed away 15 years ago and I am still using plastic worms from his box. Some of them must be 20 years old, but still look and perform like new.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Wow, that brought back some memories, not only the H&H Spinners but Howard's as well. I would like the 37 cents price but I think I was making $2.41 an hour when I was buying them for that. I have caught a lot of bass on those lures.

Thanks for the link Bocephus, I feel an order brewing!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Howard's had one of the best lure inventories of anyone around. It was tops on our weekly tackle (...uh...and beer) runs during the day.

Thanks!!!!

SR!

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Back when I was freshwater fishing in the late 70's-early 80's I was buying them from the old Academy on Spencer @ Westside in Pasadena for 79 cents...that 1/4 oz white H&H was my go to bait year round...

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found some more H&H spinners. Looks like the original price was $1.10. My Grandfather has been gone since the 80's. I'm pretty sure he bought them at the Gibson's in Laurel, Mississippi.

Attachments

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
I found some more H&H spinners. Looks like the original price was $1.10. My Grandfather has been gone since the 80's. I'm pretty sure he bought them at the Gibson's in Laurel, Mississippi.
The irony. I grew up in Mississippi and my Paw Paw and I fished in his ponds around Hillsboro, MS. My mom bought most of the land (80 acres) from her siblings, but I haven't been back in 20 years. It is some really nice property. I wish I could buy it from her and build a nice place, but my job is in Texas, and I love Texas. My cousin has 40 ajoining acres, 4 nice ponds (not tanks in MS) and some good hunting.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The irony. I grew up in Mississippi and my Paw Paw and I fished in his ponds around Hillsboro, MS. My mom bought most of the land (80 acres) from her siblings, but I haven't been back in 20 years. It is some really nice property. I wish I could buy it from her and build a nice place, but my job is in Texas, and I love Texas. My cousin has 40 ajoining acres, 4 nice ponds (not tanks in MS) and some good hunting.
Small world. We still own about 160 acres outside of Laurel with about a 15 acre lake stocked with channels, bass, crappie, and bream. We have some oldtimer friends that keep it fished for us. It's just a long way to go very often.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Small world. We still own about 160 acres outside of Laurel with about a 15 acre lake stocked with channels, bass, crappie, and bream. We have some oldtimer friends that keep it fished for us. It's just a long way to go very often.
Give me the address and I'll keep an eye on it for ya. :wink:I lived in Meridian for a while and go back all the time.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Gibson's was one of my favorite hangouts as a kid with Dad, we bought gobs of tackle and it brings back memories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts