2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I am not a fan AT ALL of the way Raymond was pushed out, and I wish him nothing but the best. I even went so far as to say I would not buy a pack of gum from the new bait shop.
Irony has a way of biting you in the butt sometimes.

I took my two young boys, my business parter and his two young boys to the jetties to look for some big uglies, and what did my kids want before we pushed off? Some gum!!

So I head into the new shop, ready to dislike everything and everybody, when I am met with two of the nicest ladies you could ever ask for working their tails off behind the counter. I get the gum and then decide to get some live crabs too. I go across the way to the new bait house and I am immediately impressed with the tank set up and the amount that they have invested there. The bait camp guy even goes on to show my sons how to break open the crab and where to hook it, etc.

SO - I am officially giving credit where credit is due. Hats off to the new guys and gals at GYB Bait camp for a job well done. Great facilities and people.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thats good to hear. As I was reading your previous rants regarding Raymond, I couldn't help but to think about my experiences there. Granted, I have no idea who Raymond was but my mind was not agreeing with you. I did not do a ton of business in there but I can say that I never really got a huge warm and fuzzy. Did they have what I needed? Sure but the people, as I recall, were not overly friendly or helpful. It's an interesting difference of perspectives but its good to hear the news on the new operation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
new faces

en fuego thank you for the kind words. all of us at GYB are working very hard to make it better every day. Soon we will have the Yacht Club open. So you will be able to bring your kids to the pool for a swim. if you have any questions I can be reached at the marina office. the number is on the website.

Thank you
Lance Parks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts