2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom wanted me to ask about her computer, to see if you thought it could be fixed.

It powers on, but nothing comes up...totally black screen.

Before this happened, she was having trouble with it freezing up, and could not do Control, ALT, Delete...had to just turn it off.

I took my monitor over and verified that's not the problem.

It's about 5-7 years old, but all she ever does is an occasional email, very little surfing, and maybe an excel or word document.

If it can't be fixed, where and what should we replace it with? Just need the 'box'...she has all the rest.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pam. I just sent you a PM about this. Your mom called me and I think can help, I just need the hard drive.

Cassaundra

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I would need more info, could be several things from a simple repair to worse. Not uncommon for windows just to go south for no reason. Let Hookedup X2 work it out, and I'll be here if needed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
bay gal, check the memory on it. most likely their bad.

If the memory is taken out of the pc. it will power on but nothing will show on your screen. That also explains the freezing problem you had b4.

If you need any troubleshooting, I can walk you through it. Just Pm me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.