2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crew was myself, TJ/minnow, Frank/vu sumpin sumpin, Tom/ragman now known as bagman, and Mike/(sorry I forgot) aboard franks Wellcraft (slapshot).

We decided to head for gunny and make the long haul, Well it paid of pretty good. The quality of the dorado was awsome and we managed to pick up limits of really nice yfts as a bonus. LOL

Fish came on OTI popers, liveys, jigs and some other cool stuff tom and TJ had. We left the fish foaming a couple of hours before daylite and we were out of room and ice, we even had to put one tuna in the bait tank for the ride home.

Thanks goes to Frank and the crew, it was really cool how this crew worked like they had been fishing together for years.

I am sure I left a bunch out cuz I think my eyes are bleeding from lack of sleep so maybe someone else will finish up.

Attachments

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,280 Posts
Outstanding trip

Yall really done good!!

Hog

·
You wreck 'em, we fix 'em
116 Posts
Capt. Rob Baylor said:
Nice report. I wish I could make it that far without extra fuel on the deck. I need to get me some 4 strokes.
Oh, we had lots of fuel on the deck in order to make it out that far! Trust me! LOL

Jim,

It was an absolute pleasure to fish with you. It was a very good trip. We just got in 5-10 minutes ago, and Tom is on his way to his house. He will be working on a more detailed report once I get him some of the photo's. TJ has a really cool pic of a tuna with a bait in it's mouth!

·
Salty Dawg
7,706 Posts
All I can say is Awesome! Great trip.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
North Texas Fiberglass said:
Oh, we had lots of fuel on the deck in order to make it out that far! Trust me! LOL

Jim,

It was an absolute pleasure to fish with you. It was a very good trip. We just got in 5-10 minutes ago, and Tom is on his way to his house. He will be working on a more detailed report once I get him some of the photo's. TJ has a really cool pic of a tuna with a bait in it's mouth!
Glad you made it home ok. how was the fuel burn in the truck with all that fish in the back?

post some more pics when you can, I only had those two pics on my camera and not much brain activity for a report.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
North Texas Fiberglass said:
Amazing catch. Looks like the action is much hotter at Gunnison than Bommvang.

How much fuel does the boat hold, how much did you have on the deck, and how much did you BURN???

Brandon

·
Registered
517 Posts
YOu guys look like you had an awesome time!!!
Great fish!
Hope these fish keep biting the way they have been.
How far is Gunnison from which port?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts