2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've got a birthday coming up soon and have finally decided to upgrade my shotgun. However, the wife has set a condition upon this upgrade. We have three boys (6,7 & 13) and she wants me to get a safe. To me its not an unreasonable condition.

So I need some input. What is a good brand? Where can I get one locally? I've seen them in the Cabelas catalog, but don't want to spend the money on a fire proof save, and the lower end models look, well.. low end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MIK

·
Registered
256 Posts
Use a closet and put a deadbolt lock on it. I don't like gun safes, especially if in the open. Kids will bring friends over and they tell friends, etc, then you might had a problem with thieft. OR just lock up the ammo. good luck.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
They make some small safes that will fit in your closet, for 3-5 long guns. I bought mine from liberty safes. They have a booth at hunters extravaganza. Cheaper by far than Cabelas, or Bass pro. However, BP's idea (Closet)works very well as long as you have a solid core door and they cant pull the hinge pins out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BPS a few weeks ago had a redhead 11/22 fireproof safe for 499. It was a special buy not on sale. I used the 20% off coupon not bad for 399.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.