2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some repairs on a 223 rifle that I loaned to my nephew. He gave it back and is saying that sometimes when you pull the trigger it doesn't shoot. I've inspected it and everything seems to be in order.

Anyone know of a good gunsmith to do rifle repair in the west houston or katy area?

Thanks!

·
Wish I was in Mexico Huntin!
189 Posts
Don't know anything on that side of town, but does Bass Pro offer anything? I know Gander Mtn has a gun smith on site. I have never used them.

I take all my work to Pete Pieper of Precision Barrel Work in Hempstead, best work I have seen. Tell him you heard about him on 2 Cool!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Call Russell Wieting. He works out of the American Shooting Range at G Bush Park. He has done really good work for me in the past andyou wont beat his prices. 281-221-8261

·
Back in da Saddle
10,140 Posts
Les Freer in Spring Branch ...
FREER GUN SHOP
Address: BLDG B-1 8928 SPRING BRANCH DR HOUSTON, TX 77080 USA Voice: 1-713-467-3016 Fax: 1-713-467-2032 URL: http://www.your-domain-name.usKeywords: REMINGTON REPAIR, WINCHESTER REPAIR, BELGIUM BROWNINGS, VINTAGE WINCHESTERS,
Listing ID: 3616

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
Feland's Gunsmithing
18035 West Little York (Suite G)
Katy, TX 77449
281/ 550-3553 Office
281/ 550-3234 Fax
Ask for Larry Feland - good guy.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Fountain Fire arms on Hwy 6 south of Westheimer.

"Contact BRILEYS on lumpkin road! They are at I-10 and Beltway 8. They do awesome work."

Yeah they do great work, but they are way over priced for basic work. If you need cutom work choke work done I'd say yeah, but not for basic reairs and cleaning.

·
Frustrated Fisherman
672 Posts
It's not west side or Katy but I would contact gundoctor on this board. I live in Katy area and drove to his house for the work and was really pleased with the trigger job he did for me. I plan on taking my 270 to him to work that trigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts