2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have someone wanting to sell me a couple of shotguns.

1. Winchester 101 20ga 23/4" or 3" great shape
2. Beretta Silver pigeon 20ga 3" Briley chokes

My question is the winchester has been cut down 2" and a recoil pad installed on it.

The Beretta has been cut down 2" with a recoil pad installed also has been ported it looks like by briley along with the chockes and it has been back drilled inside the chamber.

I do not know if these modifications hurt the price of the guns or add to the price of the guns.

What would you pay for these guns? They are both in great shape no blimishes at all and the Beretta has the original box and all the paperwork along with the original chokes. The winchester doesn't have anything with it.

I am also looking at the two 22's she has a model 61 and 62 both shoot s,l,lr

any ideas thanks in advance.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
If you don't buy the Winchester I would be interested if you don't mind sharing your contact and the price.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
Is the 101 a pigeon grade? What does the pistol grip look like?

I don't know why anyone would port a 20 gauge, but what do you mean by "it was back drilled inside the chamber?

With either of the shotguns I'd have to see pictures of them to tell you what they would bring but anytime you cut down a gun you limit yourself to the number of buyers who would be interested.

TH

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I was told the back drilling takes out the ridge inside the chamber which allows the shot shell to fully open which allows a better pattern of the shot. The 101 is a silver pigeon which after talking to Billy Carter yesterday he said the guns are in 98-99% with no blimshes and he gave me pricing of what someone who really wants one would pay and what they would pay and I am going to offer somewhere in the middle for both of them. 1000.00 each on the shot guns and 300.00 for the 22's what do ya'll think?

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
Okay you mean the barrels were back "bored"...duh, I'm a little slow to pick up on things this week, lol.

I'm not familiar with a Winchester 101 "Silver pigeon" but perhaps he meant 'Pigeon Grade". The Beretta is probably the Silver Pigeon.

In any case if the guns have been cut down, Billy was incorrect in saying that they were 98 to 99%...they've been altered and that lessens their value.

No pictures makes it hard to judge, but if you feel comfortable in paying those prices then go for it and enjoy!

Show us some pictures after you buy them.

TH

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
What brand are the .22s ,S&W had a early mdl61,but it was a LR pistol,semi auto,and it would comand a 300.00 price depending on condition,other than some of the older collectables,.22s do good to get 150.00 .

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
If the Winchester is a pigeon grade (silver receiver,etc) then $1000 would be a good deal IF the gun fits you with the cut down stock. Porting a gun also lessens the value a little. Backboring is fine and will improve the patterns while decreasing recoil a bit.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well, any gun that shoots is worth $40 if you don't want it and whatever the market price is if you do want it. Winchester 101 stocks that come close to matching the wood on the forearm are probably going to be expensive. If 2" off the stock fits you, then pay what you will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts