2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to SPI in a couple of weeks and have been on the phone rounding up a couple of guides. Even spoke to a few more that were booked up. I asked them all about the fishing and fishing has been good. All guides said they have been successful with Berkely GULP. Other than the GULP Shrimp what are the hottest GULP baits?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Im heading down to SPI sunday (7-23 - 26) Taking Rich Peebody (956)778-8848 out monday morning. Berkley GULP shrimp in New Penny and Nuclear Chicken works extremly well for trout. Good luck

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
I love to use the crabs if im sitecasting at reds, which is a very big thang down ther and thats wer i like to do it around in that area. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I have not been much laterly but when I was going, Pearl and New Penny worked great. Nuclear Chicken is very good at night.

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
redfish majic with the willow blade and hot pink mullet on the back

3" penny and muotlon(sp) scrimps on a 1/16 jig head w/ rattle shoved in the tail

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
earlier this year in the laguna we had GREAT results with the 3" minnow "white and chartreuse----------haven't seen them on the coast, i buy up all i see at the local academy and throw em in the freezer--------ernest said i was cheatin cause gulps were like fishin bait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts