2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
))))))**((((((
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at Deep Sea Headquarters this morning to see them . They had a good load of yellow Fin ,Ajs & a Warsaw.
Captain Nate Forbes caught 2 Long Tail Bass pending new state record.
#4.38 the current record is 2.something. A new type fish none of us at the dock had ever seen before.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I fish party boats all the time, and I've only seen two caught ever. Both on same line, same drop (two hook rig). Kinda weird, but beautiful fish. Capt Frank on big e had never seen one either until then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
N-Dog

Hey Nate-Dog those were some beautiful fish -- the colors were so brilliant laying on the ice Sat night and that trailing fin is awesome. They're gonna make a couple of beautiful wall mounts.....nice catch and a record to boot!!
BTW -- Keith, Nate, Miles and Clint -- the rest of the catch was a honey too -- GOOD JOB!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
We caught one of these yesterday and could not identify the fish. Was not in the "Fishes of the GOM" book. The fish was over 6 lbs. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We hauled one up tile fishing a few days ago right around Cerveza in about 750' of water. (love my new tanacom bull by the way!) had never seen one before that. Beautiful fish and it was delish blackened!!!!

Slapshot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts