2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there is going to be enough turn out for a race this Saturday night? Would like to put together a 4x Short Course truck race. I just dont want to get to the track at 3pm only to find out there is not enough people for a race and have the track close at 6...also don't want to get to the track at 11am and spend 12 hours there if there is a race, wife is getting cranky and need to balance track time.

So how many people are willing to race this Saturday through the cold?:redface:

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Might be sorta slim with the weather and since the next weekend there is the big cash race at River race track and after that HARC at Vertigo. I'll be out of town, but have fun for who ever braves it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I MAY..no promises yet. I'd like to work on the 4x4 Slash a bit more, but I don't know if I want to freeze my cajones off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guff,

I've got a good sized propane heater (about 3 feet tall) and a table top heater that I'm bringing. I have some set up work to do on the Jammin as well. If you and Phil race that gives us four as Bret will also be there. I think thats enough for a class. I guess it just depends on who else shows for the other classes.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I will run if i need to..Dee says he is also going to run his 4x4. If we don't get enough to race i will keep the track open till 8 so your trip won't be for nothing..Hey chris do you have a spare rear dog bone for you jammin? Mine is bent still works but it's bent pretty bad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No racin 4x4 slash for me this weekend.... Just broke my rear axle stub and no one has them in stock yet. It's gonna be really cold. I could only handle being at the trAck for a hour today before it felt like a thousand needles stabbing my fingers.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
LOL you can try having some really warmly dressed turn marshals down on the track and the drivers inside the posh party room upstairs driving in the warmth!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was thinking about it. Got a new MBX-6T electric I want to try. The cold not only effects you but it also effects your car. A couple of weeks ago, I was practicing with my RC8 on a cold day, came off a small jump and my rear arm cracked in half. I have never broken a rear arm on that buggy since I've had it (going on 2 years). I don't think there will be enough racers show up to have a race anyway.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
We will be there to practice, LOL wee need it :p:p:p:p.
Rodger if your gonna run the truggy we will run with you and just to make it feel like a real race I will hit you from behind :D softly though.

matt

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
I was thinking about it. Got a new MBX-6T electric I want to try. The cold not only effects you but it also effects your car. A couple of weeks ago, I was practicing with my RC8 on a cold day, came off a small jump and my rear arm cracked in half. I have never broken a rear arm on that buggy since I've had it (going on 2 years). I don't think there will be enough racers show up to have a race anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Matt...Maybe I will go out during the day and burn a few batteries with the new truggy. You are welcome to try and catch me. Once that sun goes down, I'm in the truck heading for home.

Paul and Matt...What diff did you install the four small o-rings in (MBX-6T)? I installed them in the front diff. Is that wrong?

Thanks...Roger

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
I don't have the 6t yet, but I would think that you should not use any. just the ones for the out drives to seal them....

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Hey Matt...Maybe I will go out during the day and burn a few batteries with the new truggy. You are welcome to try and catch me. Once that sun goes down, I'm in the truck heading for home.

Paul and Matt...What diff did you install the four small o-rings in (MBX-6T)? I installed them in the front diff. Is that wrong?

Thanks...Roger
same here Rodger we will be there at 10 or 11 and leave at about 3 or 4, Sorry Rodger I have the kyosho ST-RR so I have no idea what o rings your talking about.

Matt

1 - 20 of 48 Posts