2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad Business

I tried more then a few time over a 2 week period to set up a trip with randy and never heard back from him. I sent emails and left a voice message and neverheard anything back. I am sure he puts people on fish but if you want a new costumer that is no way to treat them.

Josh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Josh,
Yes, you did email me, however, your email did not dignify a response.
I already have the most reasonable rates, for a fishing guide service.
You requested a discount or deal as you put it, on my already ridiculously low rates. Josh, My rates are clearly posted, the kids go fishing for free, and you stated that you were not going to fish.and you wanted a "DEAL".
If you had made a reasonable or legitimate request, that would have justified a response.
With all due respect, since you brought this to the board, I respectfully decline being of service to you.
Randy/ www.thecatfishboat,com

·
Registered
728 Posts
First things first. The link you posted has a , in it instead of a . and so it won't work as posted... no big deal, but here's the correct link: http://www.thecatfishboat.com/ I took a look at your rates, and I have to tell you that I agree... you don't charge enough when compared to most folks... if you make your customers happy, then your service is truly a bargain.

I don't know either of you (Randy or Josh), but I would respectfully ask you to try to work this out privately, as a continuation of this sort rarely amounts to anything except hard feelings when it's played out in public. Although it is not my business, I do feel it was inappropriate for someone to post, what certainly seem like negative comments about a business they have never dealt with, in a public forum when a phone call probably would have taken care of this right up front. I understand trying to fish on a low budget, but I also respect someone who is trying to make ends meet and I wouldn't presume to ask a guide to cut me a break when his rates are so low to begin with. I also understand the frustration that comes from finding out your business is being detracted from on the Internet, without having any way of knowing about it until a caring friend lets you know... by then, you're a little more than disappointed and it is tempting to let the originator of that message to "Shove it" as Ms. Heinz-Kerry so adeptly put it this week...

If there is anything I can do to mediate your disagreement, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm not in any responsible for what you guys say to one another, but we have a great group of catmen here and I would hate to see something ugly come of this. I would invite you to stay and contribute, as I am sure you will have plenty to add to the forum.

Tom T <><

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.