2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What technique do ya'll use to keep your guide in place so you can wrap it. I've tried tape but it doesn't hold well and is tough with small guides. Tried stick glue but to globby. Use super glue now but looking for a better way. Thanks for the suggestions. Not a pro at this so easy is good.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
I'm no pro either, but have tried diff. ways and have settled for now on using thin tape for static/test casting. I then use the Flex coat glue stick to put them on prior to wrapping. I do mostly micro guides now, so I know what you're talking about...alittle of the guide foot adhesive goes a long way! I heat the foot while holding w/ tweezers and touch it to the stick before placing on the blank...probably what your doing now.
Jerry

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Use the Fex Coat's guide adhesive or a glue stick from a hot glue gun. Heat the guide foot with a cig lighter. Drag the guide foot over the top of the glue stick and place

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
I use either the Flex Coat glue stick or, when wrapping micros, the shortest and thinest zip ties I can find.
When I use the zip ties, I wrap right up to the tie and then cut it off with a pair of diags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts