2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the river has much water. someone told my wife that the river is very low and they were thinking of shutting it down due to bacteria. Anyone have any real info out there so I don't waste my time with going yet. Hate to burn days looking at rocks and floating in the camp water hose. LOL thanks for any info folks!

·
Gold Star Member/Blue Star Ointment
1,746 Posts
Well, well...Its ole waterspout!

I wil get a first hand report and call you tonite

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
yeah, I'm suppose to be there next weekend through the entire week.

I guess we can bring a kiddie pool and fill it up and put our chairs in there.

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Marshall said:
Well, well...Its ole waterspout!

I wil get a first hand report and call you tonite
cool! wheres my booooodan! also, I been on a week long crappie killing!

LouieB said:
yeah, I'm suppose to be there next weekend through the entire week.

I guess we can bring a kiddie pool and fill it up and put our chairs in there.
Not what I had in mind there Louie. I was thinking skin! LOL My son is 17 and we will get board sitting around watching Kiddie pools! rotfl!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I with you spout. We sit on the rocks in the middle of the river and pass out jello to the ones who deserve it.

Kind of hard to do with no one floating and sitting on the bank.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
my brother in Austin has been watching it and says they are only putting out 125 from the dam right now so the river is extremely low. Dont know about bacteria since that water is very cold.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was there last weekend and i go annually, my aunt has a house on the river in sattler. The water was the lowest i have ever seen it. It is still flowing but there is alot of walking to do and it takes forever. The forth of july crowd was there thick on saturday. My aunt has an island in front of her house so people like to rest there. I saw one girl try to get out of the rain and fall down the hill. A little intoxicated. One threw up in her bushes and one decided to go pee over there aswell. On sunday there was no one on the river. It went from one extreme to the other. The outflow is 114 cfs which is not very good. If you have the option i would wait for rain.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Hasn't it been raining up North?

I sure hope there some water in the Nueces for me to swim in at the end of the month...

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I knopw the Comal is alway loaded with it. several years back my son ripped his foot open, went to the ER and when they found out it was in that river he got first treatment. if it's real low that water will warm up quick too. I know there are some river rats on here.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on the Upper River flows...Mont has a 2cool yak/tube gathering in 2 weeks.....We have reservations for now..Come on Rain.

Reactions: waterspout

·
Gold Star Member/Blue Star Ointment
1,746 Posts
GRTU.org

Its low and the flow is less than 100 fps

bring a metal finder theres lots of jewelry in that river

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks aggie! Man that bites. Looks like I'll have to go do some salt or crappie again! Leaky had zero water the 4th weekend. Pffftt, messing up our summer now aint right.

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Marshall said:
GRTU.org

Its low and the flow is less than 100 fps

bring a metal finder there's lots of jewelry in that river
With ten thousand people walking kick rocks last week all ready I bet there's not much. Besides the locals are on to those tricks bro. I dive up a few up there that that's all the do for a living is get glasses and jewelry and resale. Heck of a summer job.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Was just there this weekend. Water was to low to float. We floated the Comal. Be careful of the new noise law on the river. If your radio can be heard 50ft away its against the law and enforced. Got the ticket to prove it lol.

SD

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fellas, I've given up on the Gaudalupe in the last ten years. You should try the Nueces down near Laguna, or Park Chalk Bluff. The water is freaking beautiful, clear ,cool and clean. Lots of narrows near chalk bluff to tube thru and tons of wildlife. Its a 4 1/2 hour trip from houston, but well worth it. I love it there, Have fun G.

·
23,724 Posts
Shin-Diggin said:
Was just there this weekend. Water was to low to float. We floated the Comal. Be careful of the new noise law on the river. If your radio can be heard 50ft away its against the law and enforced. Got the ticket to prove it lol.

SD
Considering how well sound travels across water, I bet they are getting
alot of revenue...

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
Park Chalk Bluff is awesome, long drive, but worth it...

lone star said:
Fellas, I've given up on the Gaudalupe in the last ten years. You should try the Nueces down near Laguna, or Park Chalk Bluff. The water is freaking beautiful, clear ,cool and clean. Lots of narrows near chalk bluff to tube thru and tons of wildlife. Its a 4 1/2 hour trip from houston, but well worth it. I love it there, Have fun G.

·
12,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lone star said:
You got anymore info on that area or Place you mention. I need a road trip and some floatable water.

Shin-Diggin said:

SD
Forgot about that. Glad you reminded me or my son would have twenty tickets a day! LOL

·
23,724 Posts
If anyone is going to be at Park Chalk Bluff July 27th-30th, let me know, I'll be right down the road (walking distance)...pop a top and be merry :dance:

Sorry, we now join our Guadalupe River post already in progress.
I'm a bad hijack'r today :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts