2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
DOS (Denial of Service) is for sissy's, my answer is Dedication of Service. Bring iT on, script kiddy :) Welcome to 2cool on steroids, hooked to hyperdrive.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
So what does the graph mean?

Some's of us aint too quick when it comes to puter stuff. I see something went way up real fast but what? Glad you got our back, Cant go too long with out this place. Thanks for keeping us going, your annual bonus will reflect! ;)

Zac

·
Charter Member
5,923 Posts
Wow! That looks vaguely familiar...

Last time I saw a graph like that, a rainstorm hit the plant and that is what the steam make looked like on all 600# Steam Boilers we had on line. Just about maxed 'em out in only a couple of minutes 'cause the ethylene unit cooled off considerably, which ain't a good thing.

Good work Mont.
Mike

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I think that graph shows the number of hits the board took. A DOS attack basically cripples a site by performing thousands of hits (or pings) in a short time span, creating a denial of service for everyone else. It's a very "rookie" way of causing a site to temporarily go down, but is usually easy to end and easy to trace. Stuff we used to do as kids on our Atari 2600s. And often a Federal crime, to boot.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Shaddy, I see you posting more and more.

Are you getting homesick or has the "newness" started to wear off?

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Possible script kiddie

and if they/he/she is in the States, too bad for them. Easy trace.
I hate the "blank/blank" leapfrogs.
Shadman, ex-hack??? LOL j/k

OOps..should have been shadman...

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I did my share back in the day! ;)

I still like to reboot friends' computers on occasion...especially when they're in the middle of lengthy Word documents they haven't saved! :D

Gary - Brother, I was homesick before I left! Still loving it here, though! ;)

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
A bigger picture

24 Hours 78,541,667
7 Days 547,791,660
30 Days 2,356,379,550

The 'density' or how bright and strong the color is indicates more attacks originating or targeting a location.
The relative size of the circles indicates the total relative number of events recorded.

Attachments

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Don't you just love it when the latchkey kids get outta school for summer vacation. Makes a good argument for year round school.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
One of my all time favs

is to have their computer CD tray open and close. They call me after a while "there's something wrong with my computer" or " it's possesed". LOL Of course that is only for April 1st.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Interesting night

I changed setups and went into my network. I set a computer in the open and watched as the call/dial in started.

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
well, the server banged out again today, and for good reason. Load was at 96. I ordered another 256MG of RAM, which will bring it to 768MG total. They should plug the chip in tonight, with any luck. If that doesn't solve it, we will be going to a full gig of RAM in short order.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts