2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started a few weeks back, every 5 or so minutes it will make a loud HUMMMMMMMMM for about 5 or 10 seconds, I turned off Ice Maker thinking that was it, I cleaned underneath and shut it down for a few hours thinking there was a clog and it would defrost and be okay (that worked for a few days), but last night was horrible, around 1 AM it started and was LOUD about every 3 or 4 minutes for 3 hours kept me up it was so loud it is a loud hummmm any suggestions would be great....... the fridge is only about 3 years old. Thanks again in advance. I MEAN FRIDGE, CAN'T SPELL TODAY

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like a condenser fan going out. It is inside the fridge. Had to replace the ones on both my fridges last year. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sounds like compressor TRYING to come on and when it does not it is timing out...Could need freon...Watch temp of food in fridge and freezer...Have had many of a window AC unit do that exact thing...Check temps with a good thermometer and not your hands...
You might want to pull the fridge out and check coils )back or underneath) being full of dust, dirt, hair, etc....May be trying to breath and can't and it is keeping itself from burning up...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Open the freezer door when it starts making the noise and see if it gets louder. On mine, there was a thin metal panel in the freezer that covered up the fan.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like it is the compressor, I pulled it out when I got home, was not to dirty but cleaned everything out anyways (the ice had begun to melt already... big puddle of water) plugged back in and turned on, the buzz started immediatley right from the compressor....anybody know of a refrigerator repairman in Katy?????

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Left it unplugged over night, this AM I Plugged it back in and boom off and running fine ??????? think it just needed a rest from timing out for 12 hours ???? or is it hosed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts