2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived safely, went out and ate in the city tonight. Fabulous meal.

Real eye opener already seeing Mexico "IN PERSON"

Church service tomorrow then start finishing the dormatory for the missionary kids. Will be here til Sat when we head home.

Updates later as I get more computer access.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Sounds like you're already enjoying things around you!

Now remember! If you should forget and drink local water, immediately consume a can beans covered with fresh chopped garlic and simmered in butter.

That way things won't stay long enough in your system to cause medical problems.

My hats off to you two!

Hugs,
Joyce

Send the Conservatives to New Mexico...Maybe they'll lighten up! :D

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Conservative Good Morning :)

All is well here. A quick hello and back to work.

It actually rained here last night. Humidity is up but very comfortable. Weather about the same as NC except overall lower humidity.

We are staying in the guest house in the missionary compound. Good conditions and AC, so cool to sleep. That was a surprise. Our missionary's wife has cooked all meals for us, and is a very good cook.

Thats all for now, take care all.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Sounds like you're really settled in Fishman. And how wonderful to be among Christians as a servent! I think the thing I loved most about our blessed church was being in service to the congregation, whatever the needs, for all those years.

You two take care!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Good morning back Fishman!

We're all thinking about you here! Have you been able to call newcomers to Christ while you're there? I really don't believe there is anything as fulfilling as walking among young Christians who are still supping on the milk of God's Word.

Take care you two!

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No...

We are here basically to finish the dormatory for the missionary kids. Our mission is minor electrical work, tile work, hooking up washers/dryers, putting in countertops, staining and urathaning shelving, laying a block step, hanging ceiling fans, etc.

The kids move in Sat for he school year. Our mission allows the misionarys to be in the field doing Christ work.

We are having a blast.

Americans don't know how good they have it.

Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts