2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, 6/30: Son and I hit the lake after lunch for an afternoon trip armed with live finger mullet. We fished several areas on the SW side of the main ditch fishing in 12-16" of water, the weather was nice, but we couldn't get the bite on. Ended up with one 27" Red (8lbs 3 ozs) and one throwback.

Saturday, 7/1: Some friends hit the same area, another afternoon trip, and limited out big time. I guess the storms coming through made them fishies hungry. Using the same bait they managed two limits in an hour and a half. Some guys have all the luck :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Propdinger, I am going to Galvaston this weekend and will stay the weekend. We are staying staying 5 miles south of Jamaica Beach. Any suggestions would be nice if you know anything about that area.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
smo said:
Propdinger, I am going to Galvaston this weekend and will stay the weekend. We are staying staying 5 miles south of Jamaica Beach. Any suggestions would be nice if you know anything about that area.
The surf should be right this weekend. Maybe not on the beachfront closest to you. But you might run across the bridge and try the beach over there.

At least that is my first choice for this weekend. Doesn't get any easier than that. One topwater on, one reserve and a couple jigheads and one bag of tails....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Areas

South shoreline marshes, North/South Deer Island. I would really like to tell you Swan Lake area, but I 'm not sure you can get to it. Greens/Carancahua should be good too if you can get back in there. This weekend, Saturday night I believe, they're going to blow up the old causeway. So access out of West Bay will be limited at one time or another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts